Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,269
    I tidied up the flower bed under the wisteria, picked off all the dead leaves and pulled off the dead stems/leaves from the bearded irises and crocosmia. Really enjoyed being outside and even we had some sunshine.
  • 2000GTV2000GTV Martina Franca, Puglia, southern ItalyPosts: 68
    Not exactly gardening but I sorted out some seeds to sow, wrote out the plant labels and did my daily bulb check. I get so damned excited when I see a bulb poking through - so easily pleased at times. I was about to plant some seeds but football (listening not playing) got in the way  :)

There's always tomorrow. 
    Love living in Italy but a Loiner at heart 
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,949
    Trimmed 3 ash trees on stream bank and a bit of tidying up , garden bin is full 
    Lots of rain tonight , a lot of water in stream 
    Hello , lovely sunny day but cold , cut sedums down , just soggy stems , managed to ram them in garden bin with blackberries stems , bin definitely full now
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,269
    As the sunshine was streaming through the front windows by 12.30 pm , we assumed it had warmed up a bit - wrong! We did a hasty bit of brushing up moss from the paving round the house then hightailed it back into the house.
  • 2000GTV2000GTV Martina Franca, Puglia, southern ItalyPosts: 68
    I sowed some seeds, potted on some prairie coneflower seedlings from coldframe, potted up some more penstemons that had rooted in water and deadheaded lavender. Sorted out some veg seeds for sowing soon.   
    Love living in Italy but a Loiner at heart 
    Good frost this morning, then it brightened up nicely , day at allotment fixing a shed roof , will finish off tomorrow 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 14,166
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,336
    Removed a Cersis (Forest Pansy) which was steadily dying back, cut back all the gp3 clematis and cleared a lot of old Magnolia leaves which were covering clumps of emerging snowdrops.  Weeded out a few hundred common chickweed seedlings and lots of emerging cleaver seedlings.
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.