Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,250
    Couldn't find the garden picture section,no gardening as such, but just popped outside of the conservatory,our azalea leuteum is flowering!
  • Well I have spent the last couple of days redoing the flower bed in our back garden. It’s my last bit of time off work for the next few months so I just went for it and to hang with the consequences. Started by moving an old skimmia to a more shaded spot as it was getting too much sun, then pruned the roses back before moving them further back in the bed as they were too tall and over hanging at the front. I got a pleasant surprise moving the skimmia as I found a Fatsia japonica hidden behind that I had forgotten was there and it was looking sorry for itself, so we will see how it does now with a bit of space and sun. Dug up an old red currant bush and replaced it with a clematis. Popped in some alliums/daffodils and snowdrops. Dug up the old Red Robin photinia as I am fed up constantly trying to keep it in check and trimming it. Moved the lupins from their large pots and into the bed and replaced them with hydrangea bobo’s in the pots. Gave things a general tidy/trim and mulched the bed.......now for the veg beds!
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,887
    Just moved a few more pots into greenhouse 
    Very cold first thing then warmed up nicely 
    Not many jobs left in garden , really need to sort allotments out , hopefully have a full day on Saturday there 
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,887
    Hello everybody , weather last week not to good but managed an hour most days , tidying up and pruning , nicely up to date 
    Did cut front lawns yesterday afternoon as well , need to cut the back lawn which will probably be the last this year
    Spent today at allotment , plenty to do there thou 

• Sowed my sweetpeas and planted the last of my narcissus, Sweetness, a miniature scented variety, in pots, to have near the door.

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,092
    No gardening as such for me, not up to it yet, just supervision of the head under gardener tying in a climbing rose blown about by the winds. Plus sent him to gather leaves to put away for next year.
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,275
    I need to lift the rest of the late spuds (4 x 2m rows..)  Just one more cuppa first, I think!  ☕ :D
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 8,569
    I spent an hour on my hands and knees digging out more small box hedge plants. Trying to pace myself and do six at a time. It's quite laborious.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 8,569
    That looks fantastic @Uff, I love recycling old objects and currently have a rather large copper chimney piece propping up a corner.