Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,675
    edited 2 September
    It’s been feeling autumnal here in Kent/London for a while so I’ve started painting fences (charcoal grey) and external walls (magnolia).

Pruned the cherry tree, shaped the conifers, and planted up pots last week.

Need to harvest blueberries, trim back grape leaves, finish trimming the rosemary and lavender then get back to maintenance and garden structures.
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 1,244
    I've hardly done anything in the garden for weeks and weeks just too busy with a large extension we're building (well I'm building). Cut the grass today and added all the clippings to the compost, I'm running out of room 2 bins are crammed solid with finished stuff and I have 2 &1/2 bins that are currently working. It's making turning and additional materials difficult. Pulled out some evening primrose plants, these were gifts from father in law but have become a real pain spreading throughout the entire garden.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,104
    Planted out a potted Rowan tree today as it was looking rather sad. It seems to have perked up already. OH had to dig a huge hole though for it and there was much stamping round it when back filled with soil. Both front and back garden lawns cut and edged and some deadheading too. It's feeling Autumnal already.
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,675
    Out early with a liquid feed for all the flowers, and a hefty watering for the blueberries.

its 19°C already and looking at 28+ This afternoon!
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,814
    Currently on holiday so no gardening for 2 weeks 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,015
    Picked 2lb of tomatoes and a cucumber ( plenty cues there ready, but I'm not ready to use them yet) plus 1lb of Raspberries. 
    Pulled some apples and prepared enough for 2lb to go into the freezer. Not even touched how many apples we have this year. Pity most have marked skins, so won't keep.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,015
    Big pan of veg soup on the hob, plus a bag full of green beans in the freezer. Another bowl of Raspberries picked, and umpteen tomatoes. 
    Now I have to find room for said soup and beans in the freezer, it's stuffed.🤔
    Hello everybody , back of holiday in Tenby 
    Allotment this morning & garden this afternoon 
    Cleared out g/h of tomatoes 🍅 and cucumbers 🥒 plants , still got to get grow bags & pots emptied 
    Dead headed several plants , including Agapanthus & collected hollyhock seeds 
    While on holiday got a text message about flu jab from Doctors, booked in tomorrow morning , very efficient 
    Hope alls well with everybody 

• FireFire LondonPosts: 11,185
    At 450 pages and over 100k views over 2.5 years this seems to be the largest ongoing thread. Maybe it's time for someone to start a new one...
    @Fire , hello I wondered if you started a new site ?