Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,477
    Tidied and painted potting bench. I have retired one of the tubs of Sweet Peas but the ones in the ground are going well. Not Monty standard but ok. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • CamelliadCamelliad SussexPosts: 402
    Today I took lots and lots of euonymus cuttings. My low box hedge has been munched again and I don't want to spray it so I'm going to replace it. I came wing to face with a hatched box tree moth yesterday, resting in the sun on the garage wall. I mean, if it weren't so destructive I'd think it was actually quite nice to look at. 
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Tyne & Wear Green Belt Posts: 1,568
    Did some gardening for a neighbour today.

Her HUGE lavender bush was overgrowing onto the steps down to her garden so I trimmed that as well as many of the overhanging shrubs.

Did some weeding for her too.  It's a task that will be picked up again another day as my lunch is only an hour and the garden needs a lot of TLC.  As my garden is just a lot of deadheading at the moment I'm more than happy to help her.

I took some of the lavender trimmings for my troubles...

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,269
    I weeded my main front border, a lot of which is overrun by a spreading geranium which now doesn't flower much - Johnson's Blue probably. I've tried several times to dig it out but it's really embedded so I guess I'll have to live with it.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,949
    A bit of tidying up on Sunday plus a trim of Hedges  , Monday at allotment 
    Hoping to cut lawns tomorrow 
    Lots of tomatoes from g/h and from allotment 
  • CamelliadCamelliad SussexPosts: 402
    Today all I did in the garden was sit for a while and appreciate my Daphne Eternal Fragrance. It's on its third flowering of the year and scents the entire seating area at the back of the house. It's just amazing.

Also deadheaded the dahlias...
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,248
    Yesterday picked a bag full of tomatoes and two cucumbers for the daughter to take back to London with her. Plus the usual Lincolnshire sausage and plum bread.
    Today potted on the honesty and campanula seedlings, plus the rooted coleus cuttings, then rained off.
    Have been pruning tree on stream bank , was hoping to do some weedind under bird feeders tody but started raining 
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,807
    Not any gardening but had a major success in getting a gardener to agree to come tomorrow to look at garden maintenance !!

Thats 8 contacted...1 turned up for 3 hours and then buggered off ...and now 1 imminent.

I cant sleep Im so excited 
    Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
    @NewBoy2 , hope it works out for you 
    allotments day today