Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,788
    @Nanny Beach , predictive text , always a problem 😉
  • PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 553
    Yesterday I planted out 6 Muscari "Evergreen Giant" in my front garden.  Today, I potted 2 Embriobotrya japonica (loquat) saplings into larger pots.   I also repotted two Alocasia 'Regal Shields' that had roots growing out the pot bottom holes.  Two Circis canadensis var Texensis (Eastern Redbud  seedlings) were also ready for a larger pot.  By then I was thoroughly tired out from the heat and did nothing else the rest of the day besides get dressed to go out for dinner with my husband. :)  
    My low-carb recipe site: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/
  • SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 62
    Before and after. Still lots to do. It’s a bad space as no sun. Going for a controlled rewilding. At least that’s what I’m calling it

Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
    @SilviSherr , good luck with it 
    No gardening today finished decorating o/h craft room 
    Tomorrow depends on weather 
  • SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 62
    @GWRS good luck with the craft room. 
    I had to give mine up when we moved. 
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
    Hello all finished decorating , waiting for carpet to fitted on 19th 
    Garden tidied nicely , need to concentrate on allotment 
    Weather next week looking good at moment 

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,253
    Not done much this week as working but my compost bins seem to be much improved for a good mixing and improving the recipe with some wood chips and bits of bark. I am becoming a bit obsessed with it 🤪
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,529
    Refreshed the hanging baskets, removed petunias,planted Dianthus and pelargoniums I grew from little plugs.hubby has removed strawberry leaves general tidy up. Got to feed and water house plants
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,988
    Hubby mowed lawn, while I blanched the french and green beans picked today for the freezer. 
    Thats to go with this weeks veg soup , which makes 8 of them already in the freezer.
    Picked the last of the spring onions, and enough toms and cucumbers to give some to each neighbour, four of them, with still three cues and a bowl of toms left for us.
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,420
    Never quite certain that what I do is actually classed as gardening, but I was outside cutting 'stuff' back, pulling stuff up and generally just doing stuff.
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)