Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,150
    Spent two hours this morning watering everything. Yes I know there is supposed to be a thunderstorm tomorrow night but I don't trust it to rain too

I've just watered the newly-planted stuff. I have little faith in the forecasts here - we often don't get rain when it says we're going to.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,193
    Had a productive time helping MIL choose and place some patio plants - cosmos and pelargoniums. 
    I have replaced my strawberries in a hanging basket with some trailing plants as not many strawberries to make it worthwhile this year. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,892
    Well at 27° maybe the heat will trigger the thunderstorms promised. 🤞🌩
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,741
    Cut the lawns this morning , garden bin 3 quarters full ! 
    Off to allotment shortly to water and prepare bed for outside toms , might get them planted Friday/Saturday, depending on weather 

• WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 1,176
    Planted 4 tall and 4 short sunflowers, I still a lot to go in. 6 cannas went into the tropical area, we lost nearly half what I had over wintering which is a big disappointment. I have tomatoes showing on all the plants so today I fed them all, also did the cannas, bananas, roses, tree ferns and aubergine plants. Cut back the lupins which gone to seed and cleared more flopping leaves from the cardoons. Along with a load of cardboard it was all mowed up and mixed into the compost
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,741
    Hello , turned out to be a nice day 
    Moved orange & lemon trees to there summer position this morning 
    Also moved pots around ie those that finished and those blooming 
    Also some tidying up of beds , garden waste bin completely full 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,193
    Pottered all week - potted-on, planted-out, tidied round and also found time to sit, look and enjoy. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,558
    Not much done today as drizzling most of the time. Raced round when it eased off a bit and  just deadheaded roses.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,024
    Reached 29.4c here today After a grey start. Ground damp after yesterday's rain. Veg plots weeded and shingle paths. Potted up some dahlias, tidied leaves from potted daffodils, watered green house stuff, planted fox glove, Heuchera,hardy geranium, some Perennial poppies I grew from seed
  • JamesSBJamesSB Tyne and Wear Green Belt Posts: 538
    It was supposed to be cloudy and 14 degrees here today so I thought I’d attack one of the trunks that the previous previous owners had left in the front garden. 

It turned out to be very sunny and 19 degrees but I persevered! 

It took me five hours. Just me and a crowbar. But I did it! 

Only two more to go!