Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,491
    I've also got some blossom just appearing on the Cherry Plum - isn't it lovely to see.
    Still working hard on the hedge project. Bark chips hadn't been delivered so hope they will be tomorrow, then I can move on to other jobs inside the garden.
    North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone
  • Got a bit carried away in this nice weather and spent a couple of hours hunched over a bucket of compost, repotted over 100 small plants that I had grown from seed last Autumn.  Another 100 or so to repot tomorrow if I haven't stiffened up after today's efforts.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478
    Decided to take chicken wire of pots of Tulips 🌷, hopefully big enough to stop squirrel 🐿 from eating bulbs 
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478
    Gurnsey D , just seen your picture of all those pots , you’ve been busy 
    Aways nice to see plants growing 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023
    On Saturday I pruned 3 climbing roses, The Pilgrim, Tess of the d'Urbervilles and Falstaff (very prickly!) and swept up some leaves. By the time I'd cleared up and brought in 2 barrow loads of logs two hours had gone by.
    Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023
    That's a successful sowing, GD.
    Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Posts: 2,543
    Have nearly a fortnight of settled dry warm(ish) weather forecast so started today on cutting back a few shrubs.Planning on cleaning out the pond as well while my son is on holiday to help!
    Was lovely just to get outside today and actually do some work.
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Logan4Logan4 Posts: 2,590
    Yesterday re potted 5 rhubarb plants. The top of the soil had receided right  down the pot. So I tipped it out put some more compost in the bottom and put the plants back in, did 5 of them. Found some vine weevle bugs in there, so if you've got plants in pots check them out.
    Have to get some nematodes for them.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,566
    Guernsey Donkey, impressed by your hard work. I feel like I am miles behind! Forecast for today looks pretty fair, so l plan to cut back the extremely tatty miscanthus.  I know this thread is about work that's actually been done, but maybe if l type this, l will do it !
  • Logan4Logan4 Posts: 2,590
    AnniD said:
    Guernsey Donkey, impressed by your hard work. I feel like I am miles behind! Forecast for today looks pretty fair, so l plan to cut back the extremely tatty miscanthus.  I know this thread is about work that's actually been done, but maybe if l type this, l will do it !
     :)