Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• SueAtooSueAtoo DorsetPosts: 167
    A couple of years ago I planted a snaking "river" of pale yellow crocuses (they were a special offer) in the lawn and some are opening. I believe they're Romance, an early flowering variety. Have another 100 in pots ready to fill in where squirrels dug some up.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,594
    @SueAtoo , sounds rather nice 🌹
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 3,246
    Yes we spent a couple of hours,  OH  pruning me lifting &dividing a big clump of Leucojum (look like giant snowdrops) . I replanted 3 clumps and put some in a pot to give to daughter. 
    AB Still learning

Rebuilt wood store yesterday and finished off this morning , not really gardening but an outside job 
    Did repot an Orchid with new compost to see if I can get it to flower again 
  • Lizzie27 said:
    I so agree with you @blackcountrylass, I try to walk round the garden every day just to see which bulbs are coming up - I've got them everywhere.
    Me too. Ok am sure my neighbours must think I am mad suddenly crouching and exclaiming to myself "oooh Winter Aconite" or "lovely, snowdrops" etc.
    Pleased to say snow drops are just coming up 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,038
    Lots of bulbs coming up and snowdrops in flower here.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,400
    After you said about the snowdrops @Yviestevie I looked at mine today, and most are in bud just about to open. The daffodils are about ready too.
    While out today did a bit of cutting back. The dogwood had a hair cut, the verbina bonariensis stems had fallen so were cut back ( these are my first time growing them and they seem quite hardy, they are now 20/30cm tall with green shoots so hopefully will do well this year) and removed dead leaves from the beds revealing more shoots of snowdrops. It all looks like it's coming back to life again. 😁
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 6,585
    Dashed out between showers and pruned a few more roses.
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 1,040
    Just a short potter earlier. I planted some bulbs in a few grotspots in the back garden a couple of months ago (around the compost bin, etc.). Delighted to see some starting to nudge up into view. They'll improve the place no end and they were leftovers kindly donated by my little sis so cost me nowt. Unless you count the days I spent working in her garden last year ;)

Still way too wet to consider actually doing anything yet though. Signs of life in many of the bareroot perennials that got potted up whilst they wait in the queue!