Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 851
    Ran the mower over the meadow area it had got to 6 inch high, I try to cut it as long as weather allows so that the grass doesn't swamp the early crocuses. Mowed up the remains of the waste from a perennial bed and tipped it all in the compost bin. Turned all 4 bins. Looks like we'll have a frost tonight our 1st of autumn, went and checked they fleece on the tree ferns and Musa basjoo. 
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,530
    Good day in garden today 
    Greenhouse tidied up and a few more little jobs done in garden 🪴 , really pleased with bits & pieces done 
    Bought a pot grown Christmas tree 🎄 from Morrisons yesterday and re-potted , will be placed by front door 🚪 
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,938
    Volunteer day at Capel Manor. Wet & miserable but did some pruning. 
    AB Still learning

• JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,368
    Lifted the rest of the gladioli (dozens)
    Lifted the cala lillies (two corms)
    Lifted begonias - no corms formed :(
    Broke fork
    Cut up gladioli blades into compost
    watered compost
    Double skinned the compost bin with the spare bin
    Swept leaves out of front beds,
    Gathered leaves into waste bin
    Planted seven drop drops and muscari, three fritillaries
    Moved bbq and pizza oven to the house
    Put away clothes horse
    Moved table and chairs to the patio
    Place lid/surface over turf stack for use as a potting table

And played a couple of rounds of hide and seek with my youngest :)

It was a nice autumn day and winter seemed far away.
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 851
    Planted 2 nandinas, cut back some gladioli, pruned a rampant rosary (I never knew they would grow so vigorously). Marked out the extension to our dry bed and started to remove the turf. Most importantly I spent an hour building a make believe blacksmiths forge for my 7 year old, no idea where the idea came from but he's very happy (he's also nicked a load of my tools to play with)😃
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 6,258
    I tried to dig up a patch of veronica prostrata without much success in order to plant some tulips. The veronica's been in a few years and is now spreading rapidly. Beautiful when in bloom and evergreen but taking up too much space. Relocated it to the verge outside our fence. 
  • borgadrborgadr KentPosts: 18
    Gardened in a t-shirt today - wasn't expecting that at the back end of November! Digging new beds and clearing leaves.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,938
    Finally got round to shredding the prunings I had from 3 weeks ago.  Now I can put away the ugly white skip bag that's been cluttering up the bottom of the garden.  :)
    AB Still learning

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,530
    Last bit of tidying up / pruning done in garden yesterday , need to concentrate on allotment pruning , going again tomorrow morning 

• IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 177
    I’ve emptied two mint pots into a new bed that’s already got black currents and a white budddleia Bush there. Hoping it makes good healthy mints growing as ground cover there.

Also pruned a willow and used it to make the base for my Xmas wreath, ready to decorate with greens and berries next weekend.