Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• London_to_LatimerLondon_to_Latimer Latimer, BuckinghamshirePosts: 303
    Watered and fed all the pots this morning, took cuttings of lavender and rosemary as practice more than anything 😀

Then had a go at a bit of topiary on this Barberry that was a bit out of control by the back gate. I'm quite happy with my results!!

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283
    Dug up last of the garlic, hung up to dry. Watered containers, planning more of a full day tomorrow, forecast sounds nice, warm with a moderate breeze, lots of little jobs planned.
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,684
    Sowed trays of Vernonia lettermanii, Digitalis parviflora, Scabiosa ochrolrueca, and Verbena haastii 'Roseum'.

I'm not sure I'm going to have room for all this, especially as the shed roof is already covered in trays of seedlings...
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,515
    edited 12 July
    Looks neat and tidy @ London_to_Latimer.
     I put the second coat of paint on my front door wooden trough and replanted it with pelargoniums.  Emptied out, with OH's help, a diseased box ball from a large pot. It had been in there for over 12 years but finally succumbed to box blight I think. A shame because it had come from my Mum's garden and was a large one. I disposed of the compost under the hedge in the front garden -nowhere else to put it, I didn't want it in my compost bin in case it spread the blight. Sat in the garden and ate icecream!
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,684
    Oh and I noticed some Salvia Purple Rain I cut back a few weeks ago is about to rebloom, so I cut back the other plants hard as well, to keep the flowers going
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,269
    Cut the front grass yesterday and the back grass today, then did lots of weeding and dead-heading and picked a few beans.
  • floraliesfloralies Posts: 830
    Managed to get the tomatoes trimmed up a bit before the thunder started and the heavens opened, it then rained heavily on and off all day. 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,983
    Watered greenhouse and outside pots. Cut back next doors bramble and weeds coming over the fence. Took out half the finished foxgloves,  left the rest to self seed. Emptied the last bag of early potatoes 🥔, again poor crop but slightly more than the other bag. Pulled some of the first carrots🥕 
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 567
    Up early again. Mixed yesterday's grass clippings into a compost bin while turning (I've got 4 pallet bays crammed now and all properly hot). Have picked broad beans, radishes, carrots (1st I've grown since I was about 5 !!!), Beetroot 1st I've ever grown), rocket and basil it's all gone into a minestrone soup. 
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,057
    Wilderbeast how you turning your compost bins do you have a tool - I have been filling mine up nicely
    harested blackberries today
    Hampshire Gardener