Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,324
    Hello , early evening , dead heading & watering 
    Went to garden centre & bought a Rosemary plant 
  • GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283
    Just in from weeding front border of establishing yews. Thought soil was very dry so checked rain radar. Massive band of rain just north of us with the promise we'll get some tonight. Think I'll still give it a good soaking though, just in case.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,983
    Only did the greenhouse today as its been raining all day.🙄
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,576
    Potted on Geums, Helenium and Gaura "The Bride" and sorted through plants tidying them. Planted small lavender, washed a load of pots. 
    Very grey and quite chilly, had to keep reminding myself that it's July.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,324
    No gardening today started raining at mid day and hadn’t stopped 
  • London_to_LatimerLondon_to_Latimer Latimer, BuckinghamshirePosts: 303
    Went out at around 4 to try to finish the cedar screen, started raining at 5ish but just a drizzle so kept at it. Still got a little bit to finish. 
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,264
    Cleared out a corner and removed a home made fence, was thinking of gravelling over but I think Ill just lay grass seed once Ive prepped the aoil and put the bbq over it.

Also found this striking little fellow on some weeds:

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283
    Cinnabar moth caterpillar, weed is probably ragwort
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,515
    Emptied out my Front Door Trough and painted it. Will wait to replant it with pelargoniums when next batch of rain goes over - torrential expected Thurs?
    Potted on 20 little begonia plugs - why did I buy so many? Deadheaded roses. Watered and fed potted roses. Picked snap peas, blackberries and gooseberries.
  • Pam285Pam285 HullPosts: 69
    Planted a new climbing rose. The generous gardener.