Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,827
    First real chance in the garden today, but won't be doing much as hubby now has my bug, so I suppose it will be a week of looking after him.
    Did spend an hour watering as everything is bone dry ( didn't like to upset hubby but he didn't water the garden enough and I have lost a few bedding plants. ) The veg seem ok , so a good soaking will do them good. Now to catch up on a weeks housework, even though I couldn't stand for more than 10 mins without the calves shaking. 🙄 
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,799
    Potted on seedlings,  dug patch for my cauliflower seedlings but decided they were too small to plant out, did some watering in the back, will definitely have to water the front tomorrow,  we're in for a few very hot dry days 
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,274
    Purplerallim , hope hubby gets better soon , amazing weather 
    Yes @GWRS . I know it's bad, but it's a bit too hot, too suddenly,  for me, and the poor plants are looking stressed. 
  • AmphibiosAmphibios LondonshirePosts: 158
    @purplerallim glad you’re feeling better, hope the OH a speedy recovery. 
    Thankyou @Amphibios 🙂
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,238
    Struggling for motivation despite there being a long list on minor tasks to do, and the weather being so great...

I think I have a fear of completing my garden plans, and seeing they arent as good as Id hoped! 😬
    Checked on seedlings, planted out nasturtiums in veg planter. Put up a washing line. Watered everything. 
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 504
    So today should have been such fun as the pizza oven arrived 😀😀 but the Plant hire place has closed after being open all lockdown so couldn't get the machine I needed (the oven weighs 650kg) someone in the village offered to help with his machine but was much bigger so .... I had to empty my compost (about 4000 litres) and dismantle the bins, take up bed edgings construct a ramp over the corner of a bed so we didn't damage plants, then once in I've had to rebuild the bins (in a different place) and start moving the compost back. God the pizza better be good !!! Oh watered the bog garden and stumpery 
    @Wilderbeast I want to see that first pizza!