Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 371
    Found frog spawn in our new today we're delighted as we haven't done any planting or finishing at all. 

Tree surgeon turned up out of the blue with a full load of shredded laurel hedge clippings 😀 my favourite compost fodder.  Spent the afternoon building extra bays in my compost area and loading them up. 

Divided and potted on Coleus plants, there looking good with some lovely colouring coming out on the leaves 
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,203
    Pruned Hydrangea and still watering , never thought I would miss the rain ☔️ 
    Re stained wood store  
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,652
    Don't say that @GWRS we are only just starting to dry up.😲
  • GartenerGartener South EastPosts: 99
    Gartener said:
    Raking and aerating the lawn. Got some seeds & stuff from the Wilkos.

Fence repainted and planted Rose Penny lane + Clematis Mrs N Thompson next to the fence. Just need to put a new Fan trellis up tomorrow.
    Done.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,319
    Spent the morning watering pots the cold wind has dried a lot of things, cant win in places the ground is still saturated in others its bone dry & hard already. Looking at one bed this morning you wouldn't think I had mulched it at all last year, don't suppose I will be able to get any for a while hey ho!
    AB Still learning

• JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,204
    Decided to chop down most of my dogwoods despite their youth and propagate around the front garden.

Weeding.

Thinking. 🙂
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 6,644
    Potted up plants and seedlings this morning. OH cut down weeds in grazing field and cleared the walls of ivy and cleared around the tree saplings.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,249
    Planted a couple of sambucus black towers.  Moved a rhododendron from a half barrel into the new bed (suspect I might lose the flowers this year but I wanted it done).  Planted a few perenials and watered the garden.  It was bone dry, especially the pots.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • bullfinchbullfinch SurreyPosts: 288
    I planted out some of the Lupins which I grew from seed last year, and some cuttings of Bowles Mauve which I took then too. I'm chuffed, but surprised I managed to get them through the winter. Still, they'll have to take their chances with the slugs and snails now 😕
  • PurpleRosePurpleRose Posts: 154
    I planted some potatoes so hopefully will have a good crop later in the year.