Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,016
    Very blustery here. Have managed a couple of hours tidying the borders but still loads to do.  Lots of bulbs out and new growth springing up.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 175
    Been out in the greenhouse potted on lupins, rosemary cuttings, aqueligia, phlox, and verbena. Wind is howling and trying hard to blow the greenhouse away but it's into the perennial beds after a coffee
  • Drizzle in the wind, so not a good gardening day, so I sowed more seeds in the unheated conservatory/greenhouse. Sweet Peas, Echinacea, verbenna and Rudbekia. I hope I haven't sown them too early - just want some nice sunny weather to keep the seeds from rotting off before they germinate.
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 1,077
    Finally using the compost and leaf mould I started years ago as a mulch in the front garden...there should be bunting and cake, this has been coming for so long!

Planted out some things from winter pots; cyclamen, winter rose, they might have a bit of life in them yet and fleshed our some bare soil around the dogwoods and cherry tree.  Two were actually four plants...so seek like I got a couple of freebies :smile:

Dug out some weeds and lost bulbs.

Planted out a fuschia.

Noted blossom buds on a potted cherry tree we’ve had for years that has never bloomed.

Weeded a raised bed.

Realised that there is far more tidying up to do than I’ll ever get around to doing...
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,031
    Hello , a few hours in garden this afternoon , a bit windy at times but nice when working in the sun 
    Weeded Hosta bed and put some more gravel down to deter slugs 🐌 
    Tidied up hellebores and a bit more weeding and a few other little jobs 
    As ever topped up bird feeders , noticed some birds taking bits for nests , springs on its way 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,391
    Had a quick potter just before lunch. Cut down the autumn fruiting raspberries, weeded the small acer bed, watered potted spring bulbs in the greenhouse, took off the dead leaves off a potted clematis which is now growing strongly (I swear I can see buds forming, it's a Class 2) and cleared up all the birch tree debris in the courtyard. 
  • Began by riddling some freshly turned compost to add to a soggy bag of JI3 I had (sadly) left out in the recent storms! Needed it urgently to aid a housebound neighbour whose 'autumn bulbs' had somehow been mislaid during a recent house move!! [The bulbs looked 'well ready' for potting/planting - with 1" & 2" shoots on some of 'em!!].  What remained of a drizzly day was taken up with popping a few seeds into shallow trays for early salads - rocket, Little Gem lettuce & radish  - ever hopeful in the face of a chilly forecast by the Met Office!! Maybe "Storm Ermintrude" will miss South Pembs & wreck other 'furry parts' rather than the Fair County that is "Little England Beyond Wales".....dream on says the sage at the bar...!!!
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 287
    Purchased a new outdoor pot and a new Nandina Domestica for at front door and potted it up today. Have had to move bay tree which was there as it’s been blown over three times lately( mess everywhere). I also potted on 12 plug red geraniums. Noticed the fritillaries are growing up quickly now. The checks for lily beetles has started.
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,307
    In my reclaimed front garden dug two holes and watered (Ha Ha )and added general fert and some well rotted manure as I will be planting Hebe Starlight and 
    Sarcococca hookeriana var. digyna today
    Never change Tigers in Mid Stream
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,307
    Oh and some Lavender and onion seeds
    Never change Tigers in Mid Stream