Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,433
    Planted some polyanthus to give some colour. Looking at the forecast,  that could be it for a while. 
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 247
    edited 12 February
    @Guernsey Donkey2, you’ve reminded me I bought a new yellow dahlia last week and stored it . I’d forgotten about it so will dig it out ready to pot up in a bit.👍
    I planted out 2 Lychnis  Chalcedonica today. Bought them on line and they have some new growth shoots. 
    @AnniD, ( Hazel here!) same here- forecast for snow tomorrow so reckon that’s my gardening bit done for a while too!🤗
  • Today I have sown radish, beetroot and tomato seeds in black module trays. No heating, but I have put a perspex lid on each tray, all in my unheated conservatory with door open for ventilation.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,433
    We actually have sunshine here and although there have been a couple of showers this morning,  the forecast is dry for this pm. I'm hoping just to walk around the garden (on a very soggy lawn) checking things over. That's the nearest thing to gardening at the moment! 
    I can't get into the greenhouse as the patio chairs are being stored in it until the wind dies down, but the pots of narcissi are starting to show.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,009
    Been to allotment this morning , got rid of old cabbage , broccoli & sprouts 
    Dug up the rest of the leeks 
    Not a bad day weather wise 
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,251
    The last thing I managed on the Allotments was to go and collect my new key for the gate as they are changing the lock. I then retreated from the horizontal rain & came home again. :#
    AB Still learning

• AWBAWB Posts: 413
    Very busy morning, planted clematis   Evergreen and usual to cover a new gazebo.still To do quince to act as windbreak.
  • dappledshadedappledshade Top of the Hill, North London Posts: 510
    I rushed out in between showers, to chuck manure around the roses and shrubs, at the front. Got so cold though, that I had to abandon after an hour.
    Roll on spring!
    🎼"I've been driving in my car, it don't look much but I've been far, I drive up to Muswell Hill, I've even been to Selsey Bill..."🎹
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,232
    Spring is only 11 days away.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,251
    Sorry to be a pedant but the Spring equinox is not till around 20th -21st March, I know the weather men say spring starts at the beginning of March but they seem to have forgotten the old saying. March roars in like a Lion but goes out like a Lamb :D
    AB Still learning