Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,818
    @Allotment Boy, yes,  we are lucky to have good drainage. 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,683
    Ours needs cutting as well but the ground is still too wet.
    I started cutting down my lovely 'Orange Dream' Acer with a heavy heart, right plant, wrong place. It's not possible to dig it out so will have to get OH to saw it off at ground level. I also pruned a large HT rose, a bit more off the apple tree which overhangs the veg bed and the neighbours bushes back to the fence which were shading the raspberries. It was great being out in lovely sunshine for a few hours.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,349
    Went to allotment this afternoon , harvested some leeks , sprouts (not very big ) and some leeks 
    Took some fat balls up for feeders 
    Hoping to go again on Friday 
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,448
    I was hoping to go today but the rain came before I could get there. It looks like another day indoors, still I can go through the seed catalogues I guess.
    AB Still learning

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,085
    Just been looking at my stored seeds and grouped them into feb and march planting. I don't think I have enough room! Seem to have just as many flowers as veg to get started.🤔
  • Apart from directing the tipper lorry to the place marked out for the load of mushroom compost, nothing else done in the garden. Damp, foggy, drizzle and wind today. Exceptionally mild at 12 degrees.
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    Cut the old leaves off some of the hellebores, have to do them a bit at a time.
    A few hours at allotment this morning , lots of little jobs done 
    Plus several wheel barrow loads of horse manure for Rhubard , asparagus and three small beds from communal pile , a local stable delivers it free 
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,448
    Does going to our fave GC & spending lots of money count?
    AB Still learning

Allotment Boy , definitely counts 😃