Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• I potted up some Lychnis Challedonica (Maltese Cross) today.  The seedlings were becoming leggy and I hope that potting them on will give them more room to bush out (with a little pinching of top growth too).
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,138
    Emptied one of three compost bins.
  • We have been pruning buddleia this afternoon, all had new shoots on them, the white being the most prolific and I do wonder if we should prune them straight after flowering (picture taken last summer. OH mowed the grass around the field perimeter this morning. I am wondering whether to sow some seed in the glass house tomorrow.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,181
    Only if you count pulling leeks to eat.🙂
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,049
    I had to dig up a couple of clumps of snowdrops which are just about to flower and were underneath a big cotinus which we're having removed soon. I've replanted them in different places around the garden and hope they survive.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,903
    Started winter pruning trees 🌲 in garden
  • bullfinchbullfinch SurreyPosts: 225
    The camellias have started to flower
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,903
    Just done a couple of hours in garden tidying up , cut some grasses 
    Was going to prune rose growing through a Holly tree 🌲 but it’s started raining 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,181
    More digging around the stump this morning. Cut back a big clump of ivy, trying to save a blackthorn from being strangled.  I too thought about roses, but when I looked the "Sheila's Perfume " had inch long new growth all over, then it started raining.
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,138
    Sowed some chilli seeds, scorpion,bhut jolokia, golden Ghost, Carolina Reaper.