Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Started planting up our winter/spring garden today, 43rd birthday and the kids and wife bought me large selection of hellebores so in they went.

Sowed some greater knapweed, bit early but just couldn't resist. Sorted all the seedlings and cuttings etc that were just thrown into the greenhouse and cold frame.

Cleared some soggy material from the perennial beds, so exciting to be able to do some proper gardening !!!

• iceice Posts: 327
    Cut back numerous bushes and reclaimed meters of garden. Also ordered garden waste bin. Hope to keep on top of it a bit better this year
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,185
    Ridiculously mild here today, felt more like early March. Did some weeding and pulled out dead leaves etc. to reveal snowdrops just poking their noses through. Pulmonarias are already starting to show much earlier than usual and the hellebore buds are covered in greenfly.
     Nice to get some fresh air.
  • Rik56Rik56 WiganPosts: 183
    Sowed some Sweet Pea "Wuthering Heights" & Calendula in modules - the latter is perhaps a bit early but in my experience they are a bit slow once potted on so I thought I'd see if I could get an early display.
    Washed a few trays and pots - which is a first.
    Top dressed blueberry & acer both in containers.
    Trimmed & tied up a honeysuckle.

Enough for one day.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,892
    Did a bit more of tidying up yesterday 
    Had a wild life camera for Christmas trying to set it up 
    Filled bird feeders today 

Looking forward to Monty’s American garden programme on Friday , have enjoyed his other overseas visits 
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,127
    Sorted out the plants in the hanging baskets that i put in the small greenhouse last autumn. Hadn't watered them at all and they're still ok.

It's been dry for the last few days so got out onto the lawn to plant some polyanthus that i didn't get round to plant last autumn because of the wet weather.
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,610
    I've been out today,nice and springlike,  and cut back a Fuchsia,Clems,Ferns, all dead sticks from Hostas,noticed lots of stuff coming up. Alliums,and various spring bulbs, its so nice to think after this month we can eat out evening meal in daylight!
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • lydiaannlydiaann Posts: 274
    I've had another dip into my new gardening book - does that count?:)
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,171
    Moved a few bucket loads of purple slate, ready for hubby taking out a tree stump this weekend.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,892
    Gardening books definitely count
    Done a couple of hours this afternoon, pruning , can’t put to much in garden bin as it’s only emptied once in January ie. 23rd
    Hoping to go to allotment tomorrow