Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    Brought the propergaters down from upstairs and put them into the conservatory. Plugged one in and put two small bags of compost in to warm up. Might sow some chilli seeds in a few days.

It's raining again so nothing done outside.
  • StevedaylillyStevedaylilly Posts: 1,076
    Removed dead foliage from Crocosmia George Davison as new shoots now appearing 
    Washed and cleaned all my garden tools 

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,356
    Just had an hour in garden in between showers , put some gravel down as a mulch and a bit of tidying up in g/h 
    Went to allotment this morning but rain came earlier than forecast so didn’t get much done  
    Went on walk yesterday morning and the field are still water logged 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,111
    Went to Cleethorpes from here  @GWRS yesterday, there is just as much standing water to be seen now as a month ago. With what we are getting on and off it will never get a chance to dry up.😕
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,457
    Inserted some scaf boards into my RB in the rian.

6 done and just 6 to go then I can re fill with the existing soil and be ready to start planting in Spring.

Oh yes....and its raining again !!
    Never change Tigers in Mid Stream
  • I moved the Calla lily bulbs into what I hope is a better position.  Although the bulbs weren't dead or rotten, they had been in the same place (under pine trees) since I bought them 3 or 4 years ago and had never flowered.  Now they are in the big flower bed with a good mulch of manure and peat with leaf mould and wood chip on the surface of the soil.  I am hoping they will do their thing this summer and give us a good display of flowers.  Well I can hope.....
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,356
    Guernsey D , worth a try moving the bulbs hope they come up 
    Noticed the other day starting to get bulbs coming up 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,712
    Not so much gardening, more like gardening retail therapy! Lunch with a friend at a local GC, looked at potted bulbs, and spring flowers, ended up just buying ericaceous compost and Hort. grit. When I got home though, noticed that my orange witch hazel is starting to bloom.
  • I continued to pot up seedlings that had grown far too big, mostly 3 - 4" tall with plenty of leaves and good roots.  I hope they settle in before the weather turns colder though.

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    Nothing today it's still wet from yesterday's rain but drier next week but colder.