Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,615
    Thanks, @Hazel-1!  I don't much like heights so I was being extra careful.  The highest bits of ivy will just have to fall off in due course...

I've just looked up Hoheria.  It looks beautiful!  Definitely more classy than buddleia.   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Rik56Rik56 WiganPosts: 200
    Sowed some Meconopsis & Antirrhinum in trays.
  • bazabaza Posts: 627
    Sorted one of my sheds out. You dont realise what you accumulate over the years but now I can walk in it and I have bench space 👌
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,084
    I've been gradually sorting greenhouses out and tidying plants up to avoid mould in this damp winter. My wild garlic seedlings that I transplanted last year are starting to poke through and my wall flower cuttings are rooting up nicely.
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 912
    Clipped down the rose bushes.

Mower not working, so no lawn mowed.

Swept most of the leaves off the front garden into the leaf mould pile.

Started weeding the front garden.

Bought more primroses.
    Found a bag of sprouting daffs and put them in a couple of pots with home compost. Covered one with primroses.

Rain water buckets into water tank.

Little bit of tidying.

Need to get my mower working again and the blade sharpened.
    baza said:
    Sorted one of my sheds out. You dont realise what you accumulate over the years but now I can walk in it and I have bench space 👌
    Over Christmas my wife has blocked up my shed with all sorts so I can’t get in and sit down anymore!  It’s a touchy subject though.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,074
    No gardening today because I did some weeding yesterday while the weather was good and now my back is twinging. I only did an hour as well!
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,196
    It's the damp that does it @Lizzie27 . Still can't touch anything as it's so wet, unless you count taking the lights off the trees this morning. Planning to take down the christmas tree inside this afternoon. 
    Bought 5 more primroses, a rose, a cyclamen, three Christmas roses, three ivys.

positioned them all but not planted yet...

Think I’m going to move the primroses I planted last week, move a couple of roses and dogwoods too.  I hope the ground receives my spade well tomorrow!