Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,192
    I got out in the garden yesterday and dug out a yew "tree" about 2 and a half feet tall, totally in the wrong place. It was a bit of a struggle but the soil was easy to dig which was something. Moved a Brachyglottis into the space, looks much better. Nice to get some fresh air.
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 799
    Too wet to do anything, checked the daffodil that is usually in flower for New Year, but only leaves, so it is dig up and replant deeper, first time it has failed to produce a flower for New Year in many a year.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,170
    No - the ground is far too wet still, but the seed catalogues have started to arrive does that count?
    AB Still learning

• Planted my new camellia Nuccio's Gem and potted up my magnolia Fairy Blush. Both Christmas presents. 

@AllotmentBoy my first seed catalogue arrived today too! Was a tea and cake moment...
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,600
    Climbed the big Arthur Turner apple tree to remove ivy.  (Husband suggested I was too old to be climbing trees... the cheek of it!  I'm only 27.  On the inside, anyway...)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • OH has been doing some weeding, I have been directing operations from the terrace sat in the sun.   B)
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 907
    Planted half dozen primroses from the supermarket.  

Too early? 

(I’m on the London/Kent border)
  • batwood14batwood14 Posts: 132
    edited December 2019
    Well I have managed to get tulips and daffs into my new front beds - its been too wet for a long time to get them in! Planted four new roses and distributed 8 barrow loads of manure amongst the garden. @Tin pot - I noticed that some of my primroses are already out, the daffs I left in are poking up and the snow drops are also making an appearence :*- where's winter.....
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,181
    Finally managed to get a look around the garden after two weeks away.  All still ok after the recent drenching.
    My daffodils are up 3" now. The tender log garden is surviving,  but still time for a hard frost yet.
    The winter veg looks a bit sorry, but the leeks look good.

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,600
    Used the big ladders to take more ivy off a tree, this time a Whitebeam.  I'd cleared the bottom couple of metres from the ground, and the silver trunk is stunning...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore