Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• FlinsterFlinster Posts: 615
    Lined lined my new veg beds with cardboard ready for soil delivery on Wednesday. Sowed broad beans, onions, lettuce, beetroot, rocket, ox eye daisies and ammi major and sorted my seeds, but now my back has put its foot down so watching the rugby with a glass of wine! 😬
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,497
    Bought compost today for seed sowing and potting on.  Does that count?
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 2,585
    edited 9 February
    Fence chap came and replaced the wobbly post and two panels. I did more work on the berberis hedge project and have ordered 12 bags of cheap wood chip to cover the debris. Neighbour very kindly came over to help when he saw me struggling and will take all the bramble cuttings to the tip tomorrow - nice man! The ornamental quince is in bloom and the witch hazel just beginning to show - I've got the bright orange one.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,239
    Have just finished clearing the old shed ready to pull it down. Am planning to build raised beds in that area instead. I might be able to recycle some of the shed into the beds as the wood is not bad in some areas. 
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 743
    Did get to allotment yesterday, dug over an area but very sticky so gave up, pottered around planted a few more saplings for the new hedge.

The five peppers "Corno di toro rosso" I sowed ten days ago have just started to germinate at home.

As a matter of curiosity where do you keep any spare seed for next season or do you always buy fresh? 

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,239
    I have an old sweet tin with a close fitting lid that my seeds are in, waterproof so don't get damp. Works very well.
  • islanderislander A small island off the west coast of Ireland. Posts: 550
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS NO! We have Erikkson out here! HAIL!!!! LOUD HAIL! 

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,229
    Hello , keep spare seeds in wooden box in garage with little packets of moisture beads 
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 5,330
    In the greenhouse we cleaned all the big plastic module trays that I put potted up seedlings in. The trays hold 12 - 20 pots, I must post a photo.  I sorted young plants that need repotting for the coming season.  (Plenty with roots growing out of the bottom of the pots) I  keep my opened seed packets in a wicker basket in a very cold room (utility), it is fairly dark too. My OH keeps his veg seeds in a lidded tin.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,497
    Bought the seed compost into the conservatory to warm up a bit and bought some snowdrops and bluebells.  Not really garden but gearing myself up to get going.  I keep my seeds in a seed tin in the coldest room in the house.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands