Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• bazabaza Posts: 657
    Sorted one of my sheds out. You dont realise what you accumulate over the years but now I can walk in it and I have bench space 👌
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,417
    I've been gradually sorting greenhouses out and tidying plants up to avoid mould in this damp winter. My wild garlic seedlings that I transplanted last year are starting to poke through and my wall flower cuttings are rooting up nicely.
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,327
    Clipped down the rose bushes.

Mower not working, so no lawn mowed.

Swept most of the leaves off the front garden into the leaf mould pile.

Started weeding the front garden.

Bought more primroses.
    Found a bag of sprouting daffs and put them in a couple of pots with home compost. Covered one with primroses.

Rain water buckets into water tank.

Little bit of tidying.

Need to get my mower working again and the blade sharpened.
    baza said:
    Sorted one of my sheds out. You dont realise what you accumulate over the years but now I can walk in it and I have bench space 👌
    Over Christmas my wife has blocked up my shed with all sorts so I can’t get in and sit down anymore!  It’s a touchy subject though.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,841
    No gardening today because I did some weeding yesterday while the weather was good and now my back is twinging. I only did an hour as well!
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 3,172
    It's the damp that does it @Lizzie27 . Still can't touch anything as it's so wet, unless you count taking the lights off the trees this morning. Planning to take down the christmas tree inside this afternoon. 
    Bought 5 more primroses, a rose, a cyclamen, three Christmas roses, three ivys.

positioned them all but not planted yet...

Think I’m going to move the primroses I planted last week, move a couple of roses and dogwoods too.  I hope the ground receives my spade well tomorrow!
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 660
    Started planting up our winter/spring garden today, 43rd birthday and the kids and wife bought me large selection of hellebores so in they went.

Sowed some greater knapweed, bit early but just couldn't resist. Sorted all the seedlings and cuttings etc that were just thrown into the greenhouse and cold frame.

Cleared some soggy material from the perennial beds, so exciting to be able to do some proper gardening !!!

• iceice Posts: 327
    Cut back numerous bushes and reclaimed meters of garden. Also ordered garden waste bin. Hope to keep on top of it a bit better this year