Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Lovely weather here too, dry, calm and sunny - no biting wind either - how long it will last is anyone's guess.  We sowed some Yellow Rattle seed in field, wild flower areas with too much grass - so hope the rattle does what it says on the tin and strangles that deep rooted grass.  We also hoes the strawberry bed, do we feed or mulch now or in the Spring? In the afternoon we spread some newly collected wood chip over the big flower bed.  Very satisfied with our day in the garden.
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,436
    Lovely dry day today.......planted 9 bare root Rose's and numerous bulbs.  Hope to finish planting all my bulbs by the weekend.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,784
    Will be doing some jobs in garden this morning in preparation for Anglian Waters contractors who will be cleaning the sewage from gardens this week 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,118
    Hope it all goes well @GWRS, especially as its white all over with frost this morning.
  • I sowed more Yellow Rattle and wild flower seed this morning - hoping at least 50% will germinate with resulting flowers next year.  We spread more wood chip over the big flower bed, the border and the tree circles on the lawn - I am sure the blackbirds will appreciate foraging and no doubt scattering the chip.
  • Its too wet to do much but I've collected up more leaves and the last of the cosmos and it all goes in the compost, I'm happy to see the bins are steaming in the morning cold air. It's just an excuse to wander the garden with a coffee and enjoy the beautiful sunshine. 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,738
    I planted more bulbs in pots, despite a biting easterly wind and OH trimmed the front hedge. I had to bite my tongue as I'd have preferred the grass to be cut!
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,784
    Went to allotment this afternoon and moved 3 self seeded Oak trees that I found on the plot , to the hedge row , have been looking after them careful for the last year , hopefully they will take 

• Rik56Rik56 WiganPosts: 83
    Planted Rosa "Albrighton" & a Golden Alder..plus a bit of mulching and more cardboard sheet on the veg beds.
  • Didn't plan on doing any gardening today but nipped to Aldi and saw they had Hellebores for £2.99, of course I couldn't resist so I got 2 along with a Gaultheria Mucronata (also £2.99) and planted them when I got home!