Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,005
    Picked a few more Roma toms and used 4lb to make soup. As hubby is ill with a virus, he is really pleased to have soup.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,874
    Love the wreaths.  I've been planting Daffs and Crocus.  Had to move quite a few pots so feeling tired tonight.  Dug out the roots of a grapevine  I cut down last week and have ordered a Clematis Montana Sunrise for the spot.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 871
    Does cleaning the drive count?

1.5 days hard labour, and it should look okay after the next four days of rain!

Sweep, jetwash, sweep, take apart patio attachment and spend 90mins cleaning and fixing attachment, sweep, apply cleaner, jetwash again, sweep, sweep in sand, go back and sweep over again.  Easy. 🙄

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,844
    Impressed all the same @Tin pot - no weeds in sight - some accomplishment! My drive is a bit like that, but more mossy. 
    Well I have re-pointed the patio! Actually just some of it but the rest can wait for another day (not necessarily in 2019). 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 871
    And in the waiting periods why not dig holes? 🙈

And why not shift 3 cubic meters of books from the back of the garden to the garage?

Im aching quite a lot, but beer #2 is acting as a substitute masseuse.
  • Potted up 25 foxgloves and 20 echinacea in 1L pots.  All grown from seed this summer.  I have no idea where they will all go 😁

Also found it’s silly season at Wyevale.  3 phlox and 3 sedum = £6.  Sedum reduced from £16 to £1.  Must remember to keep popping on over the next few weeks too

• NanabooNanaboo Posts: 1,057
    Does helping son repair the drive. I took up three paving slabs cleared out the rubbish under them, mixed the cement and relaid the three slabs. The I did the dead heading, sat down and fell asleep.
  • PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 409
    I up-potted an outdoor hanging basket of pothos ivy that was root bound.  I also spread a little cow manure around 5 azaleas and a couple gardenias and watered all my gardens. 
    My low-carb recipe site:www.buttoni.wordpress.com
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,748
    Replanned some areas previously decided on, wrote a list and did a few sketches.

Emptied out the last of the waterbutts, I believe rain is forecast and might as well start afresh. Didn't run out of water this year but garden is very dry at present.

Had a bulbs delivery this week, a box of daffs, had a look at them but left them for now as I need some compost.

Fairly pleased with the autumn garden, only slight tinkering required, unlike the summer garden which is distinctly underwhelming.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,005
    Picked 40 black cherry toms ( that makes 600) , another tub of raspberries,  and decided tomorrows job is in the greenhouse.
    Then helped hubby decant the last of the raspberry gin and the one bottle of blackberry vodka for me.😁