Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,685
    No gardening today been to Theatre 🎭 at Scarborough , full day at allotment tomorrow 
  • HazybHazyb Posts: 276
    I dug a new border two weeks ago. Today I planted out a couple of new plants and moved a load of others and watered them all in.

It is forecast to rain here tomorrow so hopefully all of them will settle in well before winter. 
  • I planted out some new bedding today - primula which guarantee gaudy early spring colour.  I can never get them to seed, so called on a local grower who has been supplying many parts of the island with beautiful containers to help us win Britain in Bloom or runner up fairly often.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,806
    Dug out some phlox that were taking over, potted up a few sections and binned the rest. Also dug out agastache, still had the crocks from the pot it was in, caught up in the roots . Dug up some knautia and potted up some of that.
    Soil pretty poor but OH found 3/4 of a bag of well rotted horse manure tucked away by the compost bin. Water had got in and it stunk to high heaven, but it soon disappeared when l forked it in.
    Planted around 8 foxgloves, Alba and Apricot. 
    Afternoon , cleared out cucumbers 🥒 plants and marigolds from g/h , tomatoes 🍅 nearly finished as well 
    Had to switch rainwater diverter off as tubs full from last nights rain 🌧 
    No more gardening/ allotment until next week now , helping next 2 afternoons put top soil on Village Bowling green , then visiting relatives 
    Gurnsey D best of luck with Britain in Bloom 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,874
    Removed loads of straggly lobelia from the pots and fed them all.  Did some deadheading.  Trying to keep everything looking as good as possible in the hope that a late finish and an early spring start will make the winter seem shorter when it arrives.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 1,845
    Yesterday cleared the summer plants from 3 large pots and put spring bulbs,wallflowers and polyanthus in them.
    Top soil on Bowling green went better than expected , so cut back lawn and some dead heading at home 
    Now in Swindon 
  • PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 409
    Drove down to our getaway cabin today at the crack of dawn.  Planted out 12 red periwinkle at the foot of our flagpole in the corner of the yard.  Also planted out a clump of Aspidistra "Cast Iron" plants, 2 red Turk's Cap (to attract hummingbirds and pollinators) and 1 young Crepe Myrtle 'Catawba' https://garden.org/plants/view/97783/Crepe-Myrtle-Lagerstroemia-indica-Catawba/

My steam ran out before I could get two of these planted:  https://garden.org/plants/view/78676/Evergreen-Azalea-Rhododendron-Delaware-Valley-White/.  I also had two climbing roses to plant to train up horizontally onto the chain-link fence ('Dr. Huey' and 'Fourth of July').  I'll have to plant those next trip, as the heat was getting to me today. We put the drip hose on everything and left before noon.   :)

My low-carb recipe site:www.buttoni.wordpress.com
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,844
    Turned the compost bins today - the one was very compacted. 
    Pruned my Hibiscus, as finished flowering and some wayward tall stems. 
    Need to do some bulb planting this weekend - probably more Daffodils and Alliums. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales.