Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,576
    Managed to get the first of the foxgloves planted (3 Alba) , also moved 2 Gaura that were in the wrong place. Also planted a salvia "Gletscher".
    Chopped back a helianthus Lemon Queen that was completely overwhelming a rose, a sedum and some Michaelmas daisies that are just coming into bud. It was nice to expose them, l had almost forgotten they were there. That's another clump of Lemon Queen destined to come out as it has lost its flower power !
    Also got rid of an agastache and 2 dwarf asters that had died, the rootballs were very dry in spite of my watering. There is no rain forecast for at least a week so l think the hosepipe will be making an appearance tomorrow! 
    It has been a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky and that lovely September light. So many bees and a few butterflies as well  :)
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,324
    Hello cut front lawns this afternoon 
    Somebody gave us a load of logs for our fire 🔥 so collected them and stacked them with rest of wood 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,983
    Only watering done today as very dry here. Picked some blackberries for hubby to continue with his gin making. He and I decanted the finished raspberry gin, lime gin and blackberry gin, and added more blackberries to the vodka. Made another batch of raspberry gin , so hes happy.

Used the tomatoes picked this week to make a chunky sauce with onion and sweet pepper ( note to self don't try using the oven to remove skins from toms, far too messy)
    Purplerallim , have never made Lime Gin ! O/H Did make a Rhubarb Gin once but never cleared properly , tasted ok thou 
    Cheers 🥃
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,983
    edited September 2019
    Just passed the lime gin through muslin and most of the sediment was caught but there is a little left at the bottom still after it has sat in the fridge overnight, but hubby doesn't mind @GWRS ,  its gin! 😁
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,469
    Have just done a bit of cutting back, deadheading and weeding.  Need to get the mower on the go.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,576
    Emptying some "gone over" pots and hanging baskets, and a bit of deadheading .
    Another warm and sunny day, the hosepipe is on standby for later, to water the newly planted and also drooping things. 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,545
    Cleared away my ‘a-pot-ment’ (veg in pots), with just some herbs left now. Washed out all the tubs, stacked all my pots and stored away. Climbed and negotiated my way behind the pond and trimmed some overhanging branches and had a a tidy. My dwarf Acer is now fully visible, ready for the Autumn colours. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
    No gardening today been to Theatre 🎭 at Scarborough , full day at allotment tomorrow 
  • HazybHazyb Posts: 305
    I dug a new border two weeks ago. Today I planted out a couple of new plants and moved a load of others and watered them all in.

It is forecast to rain here tomorrow so hopefully all of them will settle in well before winter.