Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,377
    I tied a brushwood screen around the fronts of our 3 dalek compost bins to try to hide them but not sure I like the result.  After lunch, I dug out lots of allium bulbs in the front border in order to plant a Spiraea japonica 'Firelight' I've had in a pot for ages, waiting for the alliums to die off. I'm hoping the new growth on the shrub will complement some russet coloured heuchera's I've planted nearby. We shall wait and see!
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,999
    First time I've been able to get stuck into the garden since coming back off hols.  Hubby spent the moring putting new felt on woodshed roof ready to order a load of logs for the winter.  I cut down a large grapevine, a spur of the moment decision as we never eat the grapes and its getting out of hand.  I now have a new place to grow something pretty over the playhouse shed.  Deadheaded the back garden.  The lawns have been cut but not edged.  Feeling a bit tired and there is a very large pile of grape vine cuttings waiting to be cleared up.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,578
    I'm trying to summon up enough energy to go out and cut the hedge (ony the inside - I did the street side and the top last week).
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,021
    Cut some of my Hawthorn hedge today and a bit of weeding / dead heading 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,266
    Did a bit of a prune and tidy of some of the evergreen shrubs and hedges. I leave most of the perennials to die back to give interest and habitats. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,392
    Bit of tidying of hedges ( got to give the sparrows room on the top of the fences to sunbathe) 😁
    Picked 2lb of Roma tomatoes which are now soup, and 40 cherry toms,  plus a very large cucumber. 
    A bowl full of raspberries which are now jam. Busy day.😁
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,377
    Not really as we were helping out at our local Flower Show. They had 550 entries including a lot more from children this year which is good news.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,578
    I cut the hedge, picked tomatoes and did a bit of dead heading and general tidying. Pooped now. Hedge cutting seems to get harder every year.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,021
    Lizzie27 , Pleased to hear lots of children’s entries , our Village show for the last few years get nothing from young ones now the local school aren’t interested , which is a shame