Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Watered the trees and picked some lettuce and tomatoes. Made a batch of marrow and tomato chutney and marrow and cheese tear and share bread! A productive day! 
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 2,223
    Cut the grass, trimmed the edges and dug out a very old andr half-dead ceanothus that hasn't been earning its keep for the last several years.
  • bullfinchbullfinch SurreyPosts: 311
    @Flinster that bread looks delicious !
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,838
    Good looking bread there @Flinster.

Dug up the last of the potatoes,  another 5lb , that's a total of 14lb for one bag of shop bought seed potatoes.  Have no idea if that's good or bad as first crop in new veg bed.
    Decided not to waste the room so enriched the soil with a couple of shovels of manure and put in winter cabbage and purple sprouting broccoli plants, bought not grown haven't the room to grow them. We will see how they do.
    Picked French beans and raspberries. 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,316

I did a stint at the school garden I look after - very overgrown because I hadn't had time to go before (I now feel very guilty!). Filled 4 sacks of weeds and left a huge pile of verbena bon. which was growing in the wrong place.

In the afternoon at home , I dug up a hole row of black opo grass which had become infested with oxalis. I carefully inspected each clump of grass and then potted it up, thinking that if I keep it in pots over the winter, by spring I should be able to see if there is still oxalis around and ditto in the ground where I will have to use Resolva - again.  It's a b....r to get rid of.

• bullfinch said:
    @Flinster that bread looks delicious !
    It is delicious and the kids loved it, totally oblivious to the hidden veg lol! 😀
  • bullfinchbullfinch SurreyPosts: 311
    😄
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,281
    Flinster , Bread 🥖 sounds fad 
  • Yes, it certainly does look/sound good @Flinster
    So now it is pouring with much needed heavy rain.  However we managed to do plenty of little jobs in the garden this morning, raking part of the field, preparing a small patch for more wild flower seeds to be sown, potting up some Oleria cuttings, preparing a hole for a Rhodo transplant, pruning Bougainvillea and the usual weeding, deadheading and picking up apples - in for a rest now.

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,281
    Stopped raining to sorted out 2 hanging baskets with tumbling tomatoes 🍅