Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Spent some time this morning replanting 100+ bulbs, mostly narcissus and grape hyacinth in a new area in the garden, the bulbs have multiplied far more than I expected and are now too many for their original containers - which has given me a good excuse to update the containers with a new selection of bulbs for flowering next Spring. Added Bonemeal, some well rotted compost and topsoil over the old bulbs and I am hoping they will put on a good display next year.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,029
    Hello , o/h , Picked tomatoes 🍅 & some cucumbers 🥒 from g/h and trimmed leaves off 
    I went to allotment this afternoon and made a good start , including  digging a row of potatoes up , Picked pears as they where dropping and a large tub of Toms , then cut a couple of huge courgettes 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,485
    Planted a Galega "alba", Helenium "hoopsii", knautia "Melton pastels" and moved 2 nemesias to make way for a pulmonaria. Gaps are starting to appear as things are cut back, but the soil is so dry it makes digging quite difficult. Foxgloves are going to have to wait a while longer !
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,930
    I planted some kale seeds in plugs trays in the polytunnel. It probably won't work, but I thought I might plant them where the sweet corn are, and lift the mini polytunnel over them to cover them for the winter. Well it will keep the pigeons off anyway.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
    Fidgetbones , worth trying 😉
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,388
    I pruned a pink Flower Carpet rose (which is now 4ft tall!), cut yet more long strands off the wisteria and hung a new plastic pockets 'thingy' on the inside of the shed door to hold bits and pieces. I find they are very useful as they are see-through and you can find things quickly. I'd had the old one so long it had started to perish. Lugged some herbs in pots and a blackcurrant bush down the drive ready for a Freegler to pick up in the morning.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,279
    Just finished scarifying and overseeding the lawn. We did part of the lawn in July (officially out of season but the conditions were right) and it is looking great so we tackled the back portion today. The amount of thatch/mowings was unbelievable. Hot work but will be worth it. Rain due tonight so ideal too. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,403
    In the greenhouse removed another load of tom leaves ( the hubby has started calling it the jungle) so hopefully the warm sunshine will continue to ripen them. Picked over 80 black cherry toms and a dozen Roma, so sauce is in the pipeline now. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,485
    Found a couple more spaces so planted a scabious that l'd rescued from the front garden, and a hydrangea "Angel dark red", grown from a cutting but sulking. I stuck it in the ground and told it to get on with it. Don't hold out much hope to be honest , but it's got it's chance.
    Took some more osteospermum "Tresco purple" cuttings from the plants that have flowered themselves to a standstill,and disposed of the originals. 
    Washed and sorted yet more pots for recycling,  where do they keep coming from ?
    Allotment this morning , afternoon cut lawns at home 
    O/H made tomato 🍅 chutney