Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• HexagonHexagon Posts: 962
    Edged off the front lawn, so much better looking with crisp clean edges.

LOTS of weeding but managed to salvage some self-seeders from Rowan, buddleia, euonymus, cotoneaster and osteospermum. 

Put in 5 plants at the front of the border that have been cluttering up the patio for months (£1.99 SGC plants) and were starting to flag due to being dehydrated and potbound.

Mowed the lawns and then used up the last of my rainwater on pots and borders.

Going to divide and pot up some 75p supermarket herbs to ensure continued supply. Too often have I had to throw them in the bin that I stopped buying them. Time to try again.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,182
    No gardening, but garden related buying.😁 More kiln jars for pickling/jam, plus watercolour painting supplies ready for next weeks start of season.  Then GC looking for late winter veg to replace potatoes that have been pulled. Would you believe they haven't stocked any as they didn't sell last year. So couldn't just leave without looking around and that's when spring bulbs just jumped into my hands. ☺️
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,060
    Tidied up the back of the shed - does that count? Too tired after yesterday's efforts in the garden to do any more.
  • PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 456
    Potted up 7 Bougainvillea cuttings using rooting hormone.  Also potted up a bit of Aspidistra to take down to our getaway cabin for planting out. 
    My low-carb recipe site:www.buttoni.wordpress.com
    Picked potatoes, raspberries, french beans and cucumber.  Really need to pick more cherry tomatoes but have enough picked already, may have to add some to the next batch of Roma for sauce.
    Do hope we have some nice sun in September as huge amount of green toms left.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,197
    Dug out a small phormium, a straggly shrubby salvia "Silas Dyson" way past it's best (took cuttings), a valerian and the remains of a dead cornus and small escallonia. Planted weigela "Bristol Ruby" and moved a Brachyglottis. 
    After a tea break, planted 2 lychnis "Alba" and "Gardeners World", and 2 veronicastrum album.
    Emptied 2 pots of dahlia "Braveheart" that have succumbed to slugs and snails in spite of my best efforts. 
    Time for lunch! 
    Just made raspberry jam with todays pickings.
  • Weeding😭😭😭
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,904
    Hello back off hols , can’t believe how everything has grown in 2 weeks 
    Managed to do a couple of jobs in garden in between the showers 🧼 
    Been to allotment and amazed how everything has come on , including the weeds 
    looks like a couple of busy weeks just to get everything in order 
    Hope all’s well with everybody 
  • You will soon catch up GWRS - it is good to get away and appreciate your surroundings all the more when you return fresh and rested.
    We just went along to the GC today - nothing much there to entice me although I could have spent a fortune on pots and other containers if I wanted to.  However I did buy a lovely deep pink house Orchid, which is cheating on my garden ethos but then I did use a voucher I had saved from Christmas, so a little indulgence was the order of the day for me.  We also popped to the beach for a couple of sunny hours.