Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,358
    I'm still digging for England! Getting there slowly, this is a before pic of part of the area I'm trying to tidy up. The hedge has now gone and a fence put up.  I'll post a pic when I'm done. Finding the slopes really tricky.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,907
    No but we went to a GC today does that count?
    AB Still learning

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,890
    edited 22 August
    Only if making vegetable soup from the pickings today does @Allotment Boy .😁
    Just picked a pound of raspberries,  hubby has used some to make flavoured gin. 😁 The 3 1/2 pounds of plums are going to make jam, that will about finish the tree for this year.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,813
    Going to be mowing the lawns later and will be deadheading and digging up more wood sorrel.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,628
    Only if you count watering, it's too hot to do anything else! 
    40 degrees in the greenhouse just after midday so have been damping down. 
    35.6 reading from the sensor in the sun. Phew !
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 1,781
    edited 25 August
    Just watering today and most of the week, too hot for anything else and just waiting for the wallflowers to grow.
    I've been picking fruit
  • Early falling cooking apples, courgettes and plums picked - watering this evening - just about sums up my gardening for today.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,724
    Created a new stumpery over bank holiday as part of a revamp of the top of the garden:

Don't worry, I left a decent space around the tree. Going to plant up at the back end with favoured plants of the moment, ferns and geranium phaeum. Hopefully a rosa rugosa at the back, I chopped it down then changed my mind so I hope it grows back (and in the same place)🤔
    Swept the paths of MORE ash seed pods,🙄 so I could clean the windows.
    Took more leaves from the tomatoes. Pulled the last of the sweetpeas up. ( Have saved seed from them but as there were two varieties Horizon and Old fashioned will they come true or just revert to generic) Cut back the odd bush with scraggly growth so they dont brake in the wind.
    Watched two young Robin's tussle for territory ( this years male didn't survive a bad leg) one of them is a very bold fellow and will stand and allow me to throw him sunflower hearts,  the old male never would.