Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478
    Currently on holiday so happy gardening 🌺
  • Enjoy your hols GWRS - no holidays for me so I have been deadheading, clearing blanket weed from the pond and removing dead echiums. 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066
    I've been clearing out a big patch of Achillea The Pearl, left a nice space for planting something new.  Didn't have long as it was raining heavily until after lunch.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Pheobe33Pheobe33 Posts: 20
    Crushed hawthorne berries and potted in plug trays.
    Took some cuttings from my willow & potted up .
    Hurriedly mowed damp grass which took an age all because I thought it was garden bin collection tomorrow (then realised it was general waste day - doh). 
    Tidied flower bed and path with my new lawn edger.
    Mental note to spray the ground elder shouldering its way between patio slabs.
    Cut down some spent cornflowers (or knapweed - not sure) and sea holly in the hope they'll spruce. 
    Read up on a tiny cutting that I pinched on holiday which has turned out to be Angels Trumpet and apparently poisonous.
    Hovered over the pond trying to see signs of life - saw tiny grey lobster creatures but still no sign of the 3 fish we added 2 weeks ago.
    Now laying in bed with an ice pack on my back.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066
    Dug up loads of creeping wood sorrel and dug out acanthus shoots which have come up again despite removing the plant about 3 years ago.  Deadheaded to keep things going.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy Posts: 6,774
    Started to lift some of the main crop spuds. Rather more slug damage than I would like.
    AB Still learning

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,566
    edited August 2019
    Deadheading phlox, also cut back salvia (sylvestris type). Deadheaded shrubby salvias and managed to get plant supports around some sprawling heleniums and origanum herrenhausen. The soil is very dry, and there is a definite feel of Autumn approaching. The sedums are starting to colour and the grasses are getting bigger by the day.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 5,290
    Not done much this week. The Sedums and Japanese Anenomes are coming out, which makes me think of the end of Summer, but also reminds me that I have holiday time in September, which is one of my favourite months both socially and in the garden. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • HouseFinchHouseFinch Posts: 328
    Drained out the kids pool into the lawn beside the maple, threw buckets of it over the blueberries, and the trees around the pergola. Got distracted halfway through to pull dandelion seedlings out of the blueberry hedge and got covered in ants...again.
    deadheaded cosmos and coneflower to dry for seeds. Noticed the slugs have been at the green pepper. Policy is to leave the sacrificial fruit/veg and harvest around them. So far it hasn't been a problem.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,491
    I'm still digging for England! Getting there slowly, this is a before pic of part of the area I'm trying to tidy up. The hedge has now gone and a fence put up.  I'll post a pic when I'm done. Finding the slopes really tricky.
    North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone