Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• FlinsterFlinster Posts: 764
    edited 25 July
    Not done a lot, just too hot! Watered twice a day and picked some tomatoes and that’s my lot- our local weather station down the road, the says it’s already 32.5 degrees!...🥵🥵🥵🥵
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,872
    I've not been getting notifications for a few days now, the last problem was no "new" popping up that was hard as you didn't know if you had looked at something or not. Glad someone has spoken to the controller. 
  • StevedaylillyStevedaylilly Posts: 919
    edited 25 July
    Brought 3 Polmonuim Kaleidoscope and planted them out in very very hot conditions 
    They don’t mind some shade so I expect my 3 plants were relieved that they were planted out of the scorching sun light 
    They got an extra watering as it was nearing 37degrees. Spent the rest of the day on my patio in shade taking it nice and easy. Isn't early retirement great 
    😄😄😄
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,590
    Stevedaylilly , yes early retirement is great 👍 
  • StevedaylillyStevedaylilly Posts: 919
    GWRS
    👍 and happy gardening 
  • HouseFinchHouseFinch British Columbia, Canada (Zone 5)Posts: 226
    Cut back runners and turned over some pumpkins. Pulled some peas and radishes out and hung them out to dry. Shouldn't take long in this heat for the seeds to be ready to harvest. Pulled out the brussel sprouts-all for naught this year without any mesh or greenhouse protecting them from those little white butterflies. Glad to help out the pollinators, but when you don't get to harvest anything but ash, it's not a lot of good.
    Most of the onions are now pulled and drying on the patio. Hopefully it cools down soon so we can go enjoy it outdoors.
    Overall, it's a much tidier view from the kitchen window.
  • Kate.harriKate.harri Posts: 44
    Some weeding, also took two cuttings from my Lobelia Cardinalis Queen for a neighbour.
    K
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,616
    Pricked out "Summer King" foxgloves, sowed Digitalis Lutea, Geum "Cooky" and Geum "Orange Queen". Put some cerinthe major purpurascens seeds to soak before sowing tomorrow. 
    Picked some more sweet peas - in spite of my best efforts the powdery mildew is taking hold, so they may be biting the dust before much longer. Watered all the pots and baskets, when the sun goes in the breeze gets up.
    Harvested some runner beans for tonight's dinner.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,872
    No gardening as at the Heckington Show this weekend. Storms (after all that good weather ) did this to the fields
    If it wasn't for the OH I wouldn't have been there.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,590
    Purplerallim , Went to Heckington  Show a couple of years ago and the mud was really bad 
    It’s s good show other wise , o/h was thinking of going today with a friend but was to.d the mud wasn’t good