Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,428
    AnniD said:
    Good question @Hippophae , info here, but it doesn't mention stings !
    Or even here 🙄
    https://www.bumblebeeconservation.org/ginger-yellow-bumblebees/common-carder-bee/
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,680
    Not much this week as too hot. Fascinated by my sweet corn plants - I love how the male flower tassel forms and the pollen falls on the female silk - surely another bit of magic from nature! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
    Although not quite as hot as yesterday, the air is still quite muggy, so my gardening day started by watering the pots and baskets. Also deadheaded the salvias and dahlias and picked the sweet peas.
    Propped up some heleniums that were flattened by last night's rain, and made a note of jobs to do when it gets cooler at the end of the week. 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,779
    Cut back and fed astrantias, geraniums and spirea.  Sowed some viola seeds and fed buxus. VV Hot today so sitting inside by fan inbetween gardening jobs.  Tomorrow is suppost to be even hotter.  We had tremendous storm last night so everything got a good watering.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,878
    Too hot to do much confined to watering/ dead heading in garden Watering/ picking crops on Allotment.
    AB Still learning

• Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 6,036
    A walk on the beach with a paddle was the order of the day this morning, some desperate watering early morning and harvesting of crops. Topped up some of the bird feeders although birds are eating from the field grass seed which is good and perhaps more activity for us in the garden this evening - bare essentials though.
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,630
    edited 24 July
    Yesterday I was at the grand opening of a play area I / my company designed. I was roped into some children's activities, namely helping them plant up a border which had been left bare for them to plant up. 

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,546
    Had a good day at allotment , lots of rests in the shade 
    Pulled up some poppies at home after saving some of the seeds 
    Need to sort out the dried onions & garlic 
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,546
    Not getting notification of postings , wondered if it was just me ? 
    @GWRS, it seems to be a problem for quite a few people.  Myself and others have contacted @Daniel Haynes and the GW Team a couple of days ago.
    I have discovered that you can see notifications of postings on bookmarked threads and PMs by clicking on the round icon next to your name. (Looks a little like a globe to me, l think that's what it is).