Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,762
    No gardening except about to water g/h & pots , water tubs getting low 
    Full day at allotment , needing a reviving beer before dinner 

• HouseFinchHouseFinch British Columbia, Canada (Zone 5)Posts: 276
    Up early...too early. Leveled stone steps with builders sand, brushed excess into cracks to add more drainage for the brass buttons. Divided 2 pots of ginger into 7 plant pots-long overdue. Will need to hand water to ensure they get enough. First year growing and having difficulty finding good info on it. 
    Poked around at base of rhubarb boxes. Everything is looking good in there. No obvious pests to be seen.
    Potted up 2" kalanchoe into 6" terra cotta pots. Also potten up lavender. First time growing it from seed, but I am very impressed with how easy it was to do.
    Moved aquillegia seedlings to deck-they have been getting too dry, but there is new growth at the base. Might put them in a water tray with rocks to ensure continued moisture this summer.
    House Finch , greetings from UK 🇬🇧 
    Impressed you have grown ginger , I tried but failed 
  • HouseFinchHouseFinch British Columbia, Canada (Zone 5)Posts: 276
    @GWRS First year, so there is still time :D Not sure where I will fit them all in winter.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,913
    Not done a huge amount this weekend (tennis) but harvested my peas today, as there were practically no leaves left on the plant. The petit pois are ripe and delicious! I have recycled the pots of compost they were in and sown some herbs. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 3,958
    Have done some gardening for a few day lots of watering pumpkin plants are getting bigger, beans are climbing up canes
    Started back on building small shed at plot
    Today in garden cut down all the yellow iris in pond does seem to of taken over looks as though pond has not much water and will need re-doing somewhen as too much leaves from ivy, trees and roots from iris plants
    Not been getting notifications emails again
    Hampshire Gardener
    Gardengirl , only just started getting notifications again , seem to stop for a few days 
    Going to plant my Toad Lilly that I bought at Barnsdale Gardens , then off to allotment to fill our 3 water cubes 
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,200
    At last took the grass out of my lavender hedge and now it looks great.
    Picked my first Latah toms.
    Watched a Leaf Cutting Bee fill in the second chamber in my Bee Hotel.
    Sat and did nothing but think for 45 minutes
    Now a cup of tea and a bath.
    Never change Tigers in Mid Stream
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 3,958
    Thanks GWRS better when get email notifications
    Bit up allotment today shed building of roof, also bit of watering, think getting first sweetpeas at plot
    Hampshire Gardener
  • Planted a Rowan Tree (hoping I did ok as its the first tree I've ever planted). 

Cleared some patio/concrete slabs I found under the soil as I was digging. 

Now I'm about to plant a hosta, heuchera, mulleins, osteospermum and a lavender.