Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,181
    Just watering , picking strawberries,  dead heading, hand pollinating ..... the usual @Gardengirl..
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,903
    Hello , this morning tidied g/h and planted some more lettuce 🥬 , geraniums  and repotted an acre into a bigger plot 
    Put garlic i bought from allotment into a small plastic g/h to dry with the onions 
    Afternoon started cutting hedges , finished early to go to Theatre  but a problem with screening so got a refund 

• Helen P3Helen P3 Posts: 358
    Beautiful morning out there, so I'm planning to spend a lot of it gardening!
  • NanabooNanaboo Posts: 1,057

Hazel-1, just been reading back post and came across yours. If you are still looking for Snow in Summer seed I bought some from eBay  happygreenshop I sewed them and am happy to say they are Snow in Summer seed and have grown really well. I have and will buy from them again, they don't come in the normal packs but in clear small clear packs with minimal instructions. The pack contains aprox 1200 seeds and cost £1.58 including P&P. I have no connection to this seller just a very happy customer.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,498
    Hazel-1 said:
    Thanks guys for the information about cerastium, snow in summer.  Have continued to play eye-spy for this in some garden centres, but to no avail. No one sells the seeds either! May have to resort to on-line but don’t really want to as never know what you may end up with or get hacked like we did last year with on line buying. May have to keep my eyes on the Seed Swap thread😊
    @Hazel-1, Do you think pieces of snow-in-summer roots would survive in the post, maybe wrapped in damp kitchen paper and a plastic bag? If so I could give it a go.  I have lots of the stuff - it had it's annual hack back a few weeks ago and I can already see bits growing back where I don't want them, so they would be ideal candidates.
  • NanabooNanaboo Posts: 1,057
    JennyJ, I think it would need to be and a small box for protection and with a small amount of damp compost. The reason for the box is when it is dealt with at the post office it would get crushed.
  • Artemis3Artemis3 Posts: 466
    Helen P3 said:
    Beautiful morning out there, so I'm planning to spend a lot of it gardening!
    I agree...and the grass needs cutting!
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,882
    Glad you found your seeds Hazel, to be honest I thought I had sent you a pm offering some seeds I had left over but it doesn't seem to have gone.  I've been out there this morning planting some Lavender which I have planted with Mexican Fleabane (saw it in an article in English Garden Mag and they looked lovely together).  Have moved a Tiarella that wasn't doing well and also some violas that had finished their first flush.  Planted a couple of penstemons and did a bit of weeding.  Can't wait for my rose arch to be delivered so I can get rose Shropshire Lad in the garden.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2019
    Firstly this morning we picked all ripe fruit, salad leaves, a couple of beetroot and a courgetted.  Then we fed and watered all the roses and clematis as well as the long border.  We walked the field removing all the dock that could be reached which now has seed heads on it. 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,142
    Not much going on except tidying up stragglers, dead-heading and watering. Did remove the remaining brambles and bindweed in ‘wilderness corner’ yesterday. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales.