Forum home The potting shed

Anyone done any gardening today? Part 5

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    Just watering and picking fruit. Got my wallflower seedlings on the go.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 6,016
    Stapled some netting to the new fence and liberated the clematis which had been temporarily tied to a cane. Tried to plant a few foxgloves underneath but found lots of treeroots and rocks so squeezed them in and hoped for the best. Watered some more pots and picked strawberries and blackcurrants. Hoping to dye an old cotton petticoat in blackcurrant juice! 
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 9,782
    Just 'decanted' 8 litres of comfrey tea from the big stinky tub.  Not a job I look forward to but someone has to do it!
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 989
    Watering and deadheading this morning, fed the fish in the pond along with all the tadpoles which are gradually turning into toadlets. I must remember to check their escape routes otherwise they will die.
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    Picked more fruit and put the wallflower seedlings in the shade.
    Too hot to do anything else until it's time to do more watering this evening.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,448
    Just sorted out veg seeds for allotment , sort of gardening 
    Watered g/h
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,728
    Nothing green-fingered so far - just given a coat of wood paint to patio table and tiny coffee table. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,683
    Planted some delphiniums in a couple of containers.  Want to use them to fill in gaps in the borders.  Also planted two Rose Queen ensata in the pond.  Lots of deadheading going on too.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 6,016
    Overdid it in the heat yesterday, digging out dead bamboo roots in the old stone trough.
    Gave up after a while, plonked half a bag of manure near the bottom, mixed it all up and re-planted two of the surviving bamboo shoots. Today, I've only cut off all the allium heads (although lovely, they do seed everywhere and I have more than enough!).
    Then I planted a Gaura, Rozanne, Dianthus and Erigeron K. in gaps in the borders. Soil was extremely dry though.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,448
    Been to allotment in early morning to pick stuff for Village show tomorrow 
    Afternoon cut back lawn and more hedges 
    Evening ,  helped  set up Village show in hall 
    A rather busy day , now having a large G&T to help recovery