Forum home The potting shed

Curmudgeons' Corner -blame it on the PITAs

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,395
    @KT53 re blood test -that is at the hospital clinic my GP surgery wont do them! None of our local group do walk in unless I want to drive all the way to Chase Farm. 
    AB Still learning

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,254
    Allotment Boy, to clarify my previous post.  There is a walk in clinic in town, generally used by those not registered with a GP, but more and more practices in the area are telling people to go there because they can't cope with the numbers trying to get appointments at their own surgery.  Our surgery does take blood sample, not the actual testing, in fact my wife had to go today.  Her appointment was booked by her GP because the GP knows of the problems if patients are told to make the booking themselves.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,733
    curmudgeonly to day due to flippin' grockles tootling along at half the speed limit because they're on holiday and think nobody in Devon is in a hurry.
    Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,147
    Roland said same thing up at Tintagel working yesterday. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Lyn said:
    Roland said same thing up at Tintagel working yesterday. 
    Why can't they just pull over and let the massive tailback pass them? or are they obvlivious to everyone queuing up behind them?
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,070
    Have you tried hooting Hosta?  If not, take their registration along with car make and model and report them for dangerous driving.   Too slow and causing tailbacks is up there with speeding.  https://www.drivingtesttips.biz/minimum-speed-limits-driving-too-slow.html 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,147
    I think you can get done for hooting in that situation. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 62,301
    Lyn said:
    I think you can get done for hooting in that situation. 
    Intimidation. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Methinks Waitrose would take a dim view of hooting at drivers.
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 13,734
    Started new thread as we're coming up to 1000 and they'll close this one soon.
    In London. Keen but lazy.