Curmudgeons' Corner -blame it on the PITAs

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,786
    I'd have said something about being aware of surroundings and inconveniencing others - or offered to take the bloody photo for them.

I have never taken a selfie.   I have, occasionally, used my phone to take a photo or two but then I have to get Possum or OH to send them to my PC.  Much prefer a proper camera with a viewer.   
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,482
    edited 10 February
    It’s  called Evolution ... 🙄 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,432
    If l had offered to take the photo for them, we probably would all still be there !  :)
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,269
    The "And..." about the Madeira selfie is just - in response to AnniD's pushchair story - capturing an image has apparently become more important than anything else, including personal safety and the safety of others.

I don't take selfies either.  I know I was there in front of the view, cos I took a photo of it.  Why do I need to spoil the view by putting myself, grimacing, in the foreground?
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
    Evolution is supposed to lead to efficiency and survival of the fittest.  For me that's a handbag big enough to hold my camera when I think I may need one.  Tried using Possum's old digital but it eats batteries at an alarming rate and I have to put on my reading glasses to see what I'm focusing on - or not.

Going off at a slight tangent, OH is thinking we should maybe get ourselves a dashcam....   
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,269
    For me, efficiency is not carrying a handbag but having enough pockets in my coat to contain essentials.  I'm the sort of woman often to be found covered in mud, not a good look with a handbag... and essentials include a mobile phone (chosen for its camera), because you never know when you might see a heron fishing on the canal...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,432
    Trust me, any photo is immediately improved if l'm not in it ! I think the dashcam idea is a good one, if only to provide evidence in the event of an accident, or incident as the police seem to refer to them these days. Some of the things that these dashcams capture is unbelievable! 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,482
    Obelixx said:
    Evolution is supposed to lead to efficiency and survival of the fittest.  
    That’s my point ... the ones that fall off cliffs while taking selfies ain’t gonna breed ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I always think that about meeces and so on caught by the huntress cat.   Cleaning up the non-viable.   

As for handbags - if I'm going out somewhere clean or that I can only get to by car, I need driver's licence, cheque book, purse, tissues, house keys, notebook and pen and, if it's pretty or new, my camera.    I have handbags that can be worn on my back leaving my hands free.     If I'm going out dog walking in the lanes then tissues will do and a camera round my neck. 

Since this is grumpy corner, can anyone explain which bit of OH's brain thought it would be clever to give the doggies their piggies just as we're sitting down in front of the fire to watch TV?   Oink oink!
  • B3B3 Posts: 9,760
    ??
    In London. Keen but lazy.