Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Curmudgeons' Corner -blame it on the PITAs

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012
    B3 said:
    Delia was an influential influencer
    Except when coming onto the pitch at half time, full of 'grape juice', to encourage the home fans to be more vocal.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,566
    Poor Delia, luckily my "grape juice moments" have never been caught on camera. Not that there have been that many, of course  ;)
  • raisingirlraisingirl Posts: 7,091
    AnniD said:
    luckily my "grape juice moments" have never been caught on camera. Not that there have been that many, of course  ;)
    It makes you very glad to have not grown up in the Instagram era, doesn't it?
    Gardening on the edge of Exmoor, in Devon

“It's still magic even if you know how it's done.” 
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478
    Must ask o/h what’s actually is Instagram ?
    The pressure on the younger generation to look good and have the perfect "insta" image, plus the fact you can't do anything these days without having someone filming it on their phone, makes me very glad indeed @raisingirl ! There was an item in one of the papers this morning about a dad who let go of his pushchair to get his cap that had blown off in the strong winds. The pushchair toppled over into the path of a car which fortunately managed to stop in time. Now l can't be 100% certain, but it looked as though it was captured on someone's phone. The times you see people filming events without even thinking that a. They should help or b. They themselves are in danger, is staggering.
  • Two or three years ago while we were in Madeira a holidaymaker died taking a selfie, leaning on a rickety fence over a huge drop...
    Since 2019 I've lived in east Clare, in the west of Ireland.
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064
    And???
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
    Moral is take care when taking selfies l would guess. I seem to remember reading about that, or it could have been another one, it's happened more than once. Last year we visited Hidcote, there was a young couple there who stopped on a path to take a selfie, blocking the way. Fair enough we thought, so waited for them to finish. The first one wasn't good enough, nor the second or the third apparently. By this time the half dozen people they were holding up, by unspoken agreement, surged forward en masse with a very polite " Excuse me please" from the lady in the front, and moved past. After we had all moved by, l turned around and they were taking selfies again. They could still be there for all l know....
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064
    I'd have said something about being aware of surroundings and inconveniencing others - or offered to take the bloody photo for them.

I have never taken a selfie.   I have, occasionally, used my phone to take a photo or two but then I have to get Possum or OH to send them to my PC.  Much prefer a proper camera with a viewer.   
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138
    edited February 2019
    It’s  called Evolution ... 🙄 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.