Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Curmudgeons' Corner -blame it on the PITAs

• B3B3 Posts: 27,473
    I would love to spend a little time with the 'honourable '  member for Christchurch so that I could persuade him of the error of his ways.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064
    I dunno.  They think brushes are daft and they're inanimate.
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,473
    It took me a while obelixx, but I got it in the end. It just goes to show that most of the world's problems are caused by 'they'.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478
    Anybody watching the Euro  song competition? 
    With Bxxxxx , even less of a chance than normal 🇬🇧
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Posts: 4,251
    But the sort of ass that has four legs, long ears and can be as stubborn as a mule may eat grass but it’s always pronounced with a ‘short a’  , no matter how much of an ar$e it may be being 😝 
    That sort of ass is spelt D.O.N.K.E.Y. ;)
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012
    GWRS said:
    Anybody watching the Euro  song competition? 
    With Bxxxxx , even less of a chance than normal 🇬🇧
    Is it possible to get a minus score?  If so I suspect the UK might be heading that way.
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064
    Does anyone care?  It's all a dreadful lot of hype about a dreadful set of "songs" and I use that term loosely.
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,566
    I heard the winning singer being interviewed by Graham Norton this morning. His advice was to "Enjoy the ride, and have fun on the night". I'm sure those were his exact words to last year's entrant, and the one the year before that, and the year before that....... To be fair to the young man concerned l think he had his head screwed on and was ready for his burst of fame before heading back to obscurity. 
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    I've just heard someone on tv describe herself as "a social media influencer"......Can someone enlighten me please?
    SW Scotland
  • Hooray finally able to log on again! I know this is not the attitude for this thread but I knew more of you would see it.
    @wild edges I was not ignoring your advice but I had already cleared browsing history  cookies etc , that was the start of the trouble. I looked up solutions to 404 error & that what it told me to do - eventually did it again & hey presto it has worked even though the site makes me log on twice  every time at the moment. I know a lot of you access with a phone but I find that a real PITA, which is I believe where this thread came in!  :D
    AB Still learning