Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Curmudgeons' Corner -blame it on the PITAs

• BenCottoBenCotto Posts: 4,712
    That’s a neat, elegant comment, Lyn, but is it true?
    Rutland, England
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064
    No, it's not like bath and path which are long in the south and short in the north.  arse is long a arse and ass is short a ass
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • But the sort of ass that has four legs, long ears and can be as stubborn as a mule may eat grass but it’s always pronounced with a ‘short a’  , no matter how much of an ar$e it may be being 😝 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888
    Lyn said:
    It’s arse as in grass, unless you come from up north, then it’s ass as in grass😀
    surely arse to rhyme with farce? 
    I think  I'd use arse to describe a person, but ass to describe a bottom:
    He's an arse.
    Nice ass!
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064
    Nice bum will do for me.  Asses have lovely long ears and gentle faces unless it's a 2 legged idiot being stupid..

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039
    Thanks for noticing @Hostafan1 :)
    How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,476
    Apart from sticking bums to toilet seats, does superglue work on anything - at all?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,491
    Many thanks folks, my education has been improved! Try as I might, I couldn't think of anything that fitted - I must lead such a sheltered life!
    North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone
    Why do humans assume asses are stupid because they sometimes have an opinion. 
    Perhaps I should pretend that I don't mean it to😕