Forum home The potting shed

Curmudgeons' Corner -blame it on the PITAs

• B3B3 Posts: 14,763
    Having made the decision to do for my box-blighted hedge (not a tragedy in my case) , I got to thinking that post - bre****te, we can thank Nigel Cabbage for the fact that won't have to worry about those nasty foreign diseases getting into the country.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,976
    Great morning,  OHs car broke down on one of the busiest roundabouts in the area. (Clutch went) .Fortunately a very nice young man came to help, he helped OH to push to a nearby garage while l steered. Didn't get his name, but thanked him profusely.  Of all the people that drove past, he was the only one that offered any help.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 3,685
    I was also going to ask what a PITA was, but have worked it out!!
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,490
    GD is doing her "Food tech"  GCSE exam on Wednesday,  for some reason which escapes me she is doing a vegan menu and one dish is vegan meringue (yes I know that is a misnomer). God knows who thought it up but you use chick pea water instead of egg whites. She has been practising with Grandma for weeks now. Anyone know what to do with with 1/2 a dozen cans of drained chick peas? Answers on a postcard to the moron at the school/ exam board who thought this would be a good idea.  :s
    AB Still learning

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,813
    Make hummus! Yum.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
    I'd rather deal with the peas than the meringue😝

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,490
    Can't eat too much chick pea in any form due to "windage" effect. Not just me whole family finds the same thing.
    AB Still learning

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,434
    Chick peas should be illegal :|
    Some plants like humus-rich soil, I believe.