Walnut trees there weeping non stop

My mum's so called gardeners have cut several branches off her mature walnut tree .it has seeped with a sticky substance  ever since .can anyone give any explanation.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,730
    Wrong time of year for walnuts.

Here is some advice about pruning times for different trees.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=325

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • granmagranma Posts: 1,813
    Thanks pansy , this is what my mum has always said.I noticed 3 weeks ago that they had cut some branches off as they were weeping .she said she told them this morning not to cut any off . But what do I see when I go .. ...  ....... They've cut another branch off. Thicker this time .I don't think they know what a walnut tree is.I am very annoyed .so I am taking over now . it will be the last job at my mums they do.
  • granmagranma Posts: 1,813
    It's annoying cos mum's always said you don't cut them.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,730
    edited 7 February
    Perhaps as she lets them know that their services are no longer required, she should bray them over their heads while shouting “this is what  a ******* walnut tree looks like”.😁
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,795
    And she should tell them that if it dies because it's bled to death or been so weakened it gets diseased and dies later she'll be expecting them to remove it and replace it with a new one.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw