RESURRECTED SIXTY-NINE

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,725
    edited 7 February
    I thought it was Runners F'edge but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • FritillaryFritillary WiltshirePosts: 445
    @Lantana It is from Farmhouse Fare.  A book of recipes compiled by Farmers Weekly. 1935 Edition.
     :) 
  • LantanaLantana Posts: 5,776
    Thanks, fritillary. Your recipe made me think...how many of us ever have milk that’s gone sour nowadays? I well remember sniffing the top of the bottle to check it was still ok😁
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 3,650
    You're probably right LB - it could have been Runners.
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,109
    A wet 'n' windy "Morning all" today.
    Love the cheeky coffee LB 😉, thought I was seeing things at first.

Not sure I'd like the curd tart, the thought of the sour milk... green boke face. Eccles cakes, yum 😋.

Nice crocus pic MU. Some of mine are up but look more like little bullets on skinny stalks, they'll probably all get battered today 😕.
    Lucky you Rebecca, the toadflax looks lovely and cheerful. Purple is my favourite garden colour.
    Threw caution to the wind yesterday and bought a pack of 3 bare root lupins (purple), no doubt the slugs will love them 😩.

Not sure if it's my tablet or my internet that's dodgy, kept getting "this page is unavailable" yesterday.
    Minor grumble in the grand scheme of things.
    Went and tried to tidy up the growhouse instead. Hole in the roof is getting larger 😬. 

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,313
    Morning all.
    Liked the winking cuppa LB.  Hope your Bestie if feeling a bit better and up to a good natter.

Rained during the night but no wind.  Think we may have a wet and windy weekend. A...n has just delivered a new V McDermid book.
    SW Scotland
    I wonder if you can just do the old trick of adding a little lemon juice to sour the milk. I guess that the recipe evolved - as probably the name curd tart did - by the waste not want not ideas of the time and when the milk separated on souring the curds became useful for baking as well as cheese making.. I do remember my Grandma using sour milk to make scones and they were always delicious.
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,401
    Morning Kitty!  Hope the sluggies keep away from your lupins!

That looks like a lovely old book, Fritillary.  Thanks for sharing 😀

F'edge, I think it WAS Runners who'd taken up the ukelele.....you still practicing, Runners?

Milk in bottles.....now there's something that should be mandatory these days.  Did you ever manage to 'source' a proper milkman to deliver to you, LB?
    Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!
    edited 7 February
    Hello Joyce and Kitty. Kitty I had a bit of that 'page unavailable' stuff late yesterday when I got back from lunch. Just kept trying and eventually got signed in. You and Joyce snuckered in so my last post got a bit out of sequence there. Good job we can all read and understand Rez!
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 4,804
    You can also use cottage cheese if you can’t get curds . Love sour milk scones .