RESURRECTED SIXTY-NINE

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,598
    Morning all, what a wild, wet and windy night😕 still blowing a hooley out there.  
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,710
    Chey, I forgot to say 'You're in the money!'
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,710
    Morning SGL. Please make sure today that all small people are safely tethered to the ground!
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    edited 7 February
    Hope you don't have go anywhere in this weather. I may not even go as far as the bins! I'd get drenched 😂
    Take care everyone.
    How's little cat Pansy.
    Hazel, hope it stays dry enough for your GC visit
    Morning LB🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,270
    Little Cat is toddling along, SGL. Day to day.🙂 This weather doesn’t exactly lift the spirits, does it? But yesterday evening as I was shutting the garage I heard a blackbird tootling a quiet little spring song. Just a practice run.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 3,650
    Good Morning All.
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,401
    edited 7 February
    Morning all!
    Foggy here.  First foggy morning we've had all winter.  Sounds pretty horrible where you are, Lily.

No flowers out up here either, apart from snowdrops and a few aconites.  Still too early.  I love crocus, but so do the pheasants.  We'll not have daffs in bloom until late March/April.

Fly Cemetery = Currant Square  or Currant Slice in Leeds.  Used to love those.  Can get similar up here but not quite identical as they use more of a mincemeaty concoction rather than just currants.  And they tend to be oblong, not square.
    Eccles Cakes, like Hazel says, are round and flat and the filling is enclosed in more of a flaky pastry than Sly/Currant  which are in shortcrust.
    Sly Cakes may be more of a north-east treat, Lants, although they sound like Currant Squares from your description.

Why am I discussing old fashioned confectionery at ten past eight on a morning?

There are loads of online recipes for curd tart.  It was traditionally made with the 'beestings' ( colostrum or first milk produced by a cow after calving ) so a proper curd tart was a pretty rare thing! I'd not describe it as any kind of cheesecake, the texture is more crumbly and - well - erm  'curdy' 😛
    Lovely to see an old recipe, though.  I still behave in pounds and ounces.  I'm an Imperial Measures kinda  girl.

Guitar Night here tonight, so I suppose I'll have unmentionable  stuff to do.  😀

Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 3,650
    MU- you could make some Eccles cakes for the guitar night? :)
    Pansy - I'm a fan of Talking Pictures too.  Came across an old 'Six Five Special' last night.  So interesting to see the hairstyles, clothes and dancing styles.  The presentation was so stilted though.  There was Cloe Laine, Dicky Valentine, Johny Dankworth and others I had never heard of including a fifteen year old lad from Scotland with an interesting voice - I wonder what ever happened to him.
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,401
    No, F'edge, I couldn't!

Dicky Valentine!  Heck, that's a blast from the past right enough!
    Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!