Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful 2019 - the antidote to Curmudgeons' Corner

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,225
    Was it for the Favourite? Thought she was excellent in that as she is in everything! I predict Dame Olivia in a few years time! 
  • Having this week off - and couldn’t ask for a better weather. 
    Surrey
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,472
    I like Olivia Coleman,  she seems very down to earth. Apparently she missed the all the pre Oscar  hoo hah to take her children to Disneyland with her husband.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 27,212
    My beschorneria yuccoides has produced a flower spike. February is surely a bit early , but I'm thrilled.

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 67,267
    AnniD said:
    I like Olivia Coleman,  she seems very down to earth. Apparently she missed the all the pre Oscar  hoo hah to take her children to Disneyland with her husband.
    She’s a Norfolk lass  ;)<3
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 9,119
    Her speeches make me howl with laughter.
    Through early morning fog I see
    Visions of the things to be
    The pains that are withheld for me
    I realize and I can see
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,997
    She does seem lovely. And genuine. Being able to act doesn't mean you can't be real too :).
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,997
    Eating lunch and drinking a cuppa in the garden under the prunus and listening to / watching the birds going about their business. Bliss.

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 67,267
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,850
    LG_ said:
    She does seem lovely. And genuine. Being able to act doesn't mean you can't be real too :).
    True, but it does make the cynics amongst us highly suspicious when luvvies seem surprised to win.  They are on the short list so there's a reasonable chance.