Reasons to be cheerful 2019 - the antidote to Curmudgeons' Corner

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,211
    Sunny here too and lots of birdsong but also OH strimming long grass where the mower cannot go.  Has to stop at midday tho.  Sunday noisy machine curfew.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,004
    KT53 said:

I've just watched a 90 second clip of Dan Walker watching things on a tablet in Africa.  He was sobbing his heart out.  I imagine it was hugely stressful for him as he would feel he had let Mr Foulds down if weather had got in the way.  To have to travel to Africa the day before this all took place must have been awful for Dan.
    I saw that too KT. He was very conflicted because he'd signed up for the charity walk and couldn't have changed anything. His message to Tony half an hour before the flypast was lovely though. They've become real friends too. 
    His family were attending, so he was well represented.
    It just shows that when nice people do nice things, it creates a huge feeling of warmth, and brings people together.  :)
    Reasons to be cheerful this weekend - a big bee floating around yesterday, and a little ladybird hiding among the foliage of a clematis I was cutting back on Friday.  :)

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• After waiting 35 years trying to purchase my dream home and once missing out when it was for sale, this time I was determined to get it and eventually we completed on Friday  :D  

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,270
    Lovely house.
    We were able to see the fly past on top of the moor next to where we live. Quite a few people had the same idea and it was very moving, I admit to getting a bit tearful [ probably just the wind in my eyes ]
    Woke up again
    To my chagrin
    Getting sick and tired of
    Feeling sick and tired again
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    edited 24 February
    So your lord of the manor now then @TheGardenersBoy  :D, all that land and a private cove / beach you wont know what to do with yourself.

I hope we get an invite down to have a look soon and give you some proper gardening advice  :D   :D

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,958
    If l ever win the Euromillions, that's the sort of place l'd love. Beautiful  :) 
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,617
    AnniD said:
    If l ever win the Euromillions, that's the sort of place l'd love. Beautiful  :) 
    Nah!  I'm not downsizing for anybody. :D
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,750
    Lovely house (and garden) @Gardenersboy. Congratulations, well worth waiting for!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,366
    Olivia Colman has won an Oscar. That's brightened up my day immeasurably. 
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,688
    Hostafan1 said:
    Olivia Colman has won an Oscar. That's brightened up my day immeasurably. 
    Great news to wake up to 😃 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh