Reasons to be cheerful 2019 - the antidote to Curmudgeons' Corner

• B3B3 Posts: 9,527
    I always wondered what you looked like. My curiosity is satisfied. There was a better pic, but it was a bit rude.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,584
    B3 said:
    I always wondered what you looked like. My curiosity is satisfied. There was a better pic, but it was a bit rude.
    go on , go on , go on. I dare you: double dare you 
    Devon.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,284
    We've cut our lawns today as well - must be infectious!!
  • B3B3 Posts: 9,527

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,584
    B3 said:

oh yes, that's me this afternoon: and just in time as we're now under a dense sea mist.
    Devon.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,195
    You've changed colour, Hosta...

@Dovefromabove - the carpet is now clean so I'm not sure what I can claim for, other than my initial annoyance!
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,360
    AnniD said:
    Have just been watching the pictures of the flypast in Sheffield and the story of the gentleman who has been maintaining the memorial to the American airmen for all these years. The whole thing was very moving, particularly his admission that he had felt so guilty for all these years. I was in tears by the end, but a story like that restores my faith in human nature (which has taken a bit of a battering of late tbh).
    I've just watched a 90 second clip of Dan Walker watching things on a tablet in Africa.  He was sobbing his heart out.  I imagine it was hugely stressful for him as he would feel he had let Mr Foulds down if weather had got in the way.  To have to travel to Africa the day before this all took place must have been awful for Dan.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,360
    Congrats, B3!

The gas is back on, the house is warm, the cat is happy and I can have a shower.  Plus we'll be getting £300 compensation for not having gas for 5 days...  What's not to be happy about?   :)
    I wish I could get compensation every time the idiots at British Gas 'reschedule' the servicing of our central heating.  They aren't even bright enough to come up with different excuses.  My neighbour was told precisely the same reason as me for the reschedule, 3 months after mine!
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,919
    Certainly cheerful after the rugby today o:)
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,284
    edited 24 February
    Lovely sunny morning here and beautifully quiet.  Watching the goldfinches on the bird feeders and admiring the lovely pale pink blossom on the cherry tree against the blue sky.