Reasons to be cheerful 2019 - the antidote to Curmudgeons' Corner

• Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089

Seventeen flowers this year and still more to come, and just the beauty of such a perfect flower.

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,372
    Wrecked a tea towel and an old pillow case but with the help of you tube. I think I've worked my sewing machine out. There was one moron on you tube who explained in detail how to get the vinyl cover off. I'd worked that out for myself in  about 2 seconds and it took me that long because I wasn't really concentrating.
    I'm giving myself a gold star 🌟 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,361
    Congrats, B3!

The gas is back on, the house is warm, the cat is happy and I can have a shower.  Plus we'll be getting £300 compensation for not having gas for 5 days...  What's not to be happy about?   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,261
    I take it there’ll be additional compensation for the damage to the carpet?! 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

My gauras have passed the scratch test so it looks like they're alive so far. I wasn't sure how many, if any, were hardy. Fingers crossed.  I did buy quite a few last year.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,570
    My gauras have survived as well B3 so I'm very pleased. I'm reading your sewing machine saga with interest. I had my OH's aged aunt's one repaired with a new motor and service last year - but haven't used it since!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,940
    Well, call me Mr Smug , the winner of the smuggest man in Smudgom. 
    I'VE CUT ALL MY GRASS!!!!!! I've never managed to cut any of in February before, ever.
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,918
    Well done.   OH has too.  It's taken 2 days and much messing with the mower but he got there in the end.  Trouble is, it'll need doing again in about 5 minutes..
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,940
    B3 said:

it's like looking in a mirror.
    Devon.