Reasons to be cheerful 2019 - the antidote to Curmudgeons' Corner

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,264
    First day in the garden of 2019 ......my hands now have that ingrained dirt look 😀😀😀
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • mollismollis Posts: 116
    Pruned the grape. Pottered in the greenhouse. Repotted some potted plants. Visit to sister. A lovely day. 
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,319
    We've been to a lovely late Christmas lunch with a car club we belong to - a very nice day out.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,916
    And I have just put the first coat of gloss onto the woodwork in my craftroom/office. Only one more coat to go! Undercoat was done yeaterday. Hurrah. It has not been painted for a l-o-n-g time which is why it needs the 3 coats. Just in case someone asks. And I can't use the D*lux Once coat as the fumes get to my chest. 

Goulash cooking in the oven as I speak - it has been years since I have made goulash. Really looking forward to it. 

And I had a bit of a panic that I had not ordered the right amount of new flooring coming Wednesday. Just remeasured the room and tracked down my invoice and it is fine.

And I managed to get someone to come and make me a custom built worktable to my timescale (and dimensions!).

So, 4 good reasons to be cheerful. 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • B3B3 Posts: 9,764
    Dulux once* . Please refer to curmudgeons'  Corner 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,795
    On Friday I told some trainee chefs at a lycée in La Roche about making Bread and Butter pudding with local brioche - preps for a British meal they're planning in May - and one of them cooked my recipe for her family this weekend and sent me a photo saying it was delicious and they'd eaten it all.

Result!  
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    The sun is shining this morning - hopefully a good day in the garden beckons and housework can be abandoned.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,206
    See my post under "Queens Park, Craig y Don".
    Finished my hedge project!
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,518
    Beautiful sunny day,bus top ride to Ventnor,stunning scenery,spring flowers everywhere,mimosa in blossom and some early cherries.Wonderful day.

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings