Reasons to be cheerful 2019 - the antidote to Curmudgeons' Corner

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,585
    I like them too but find the pink one far more thuggish than the white one. I've also got 'White Swan' which is very delicate.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,677
    I think you may be right @Lizzie27. It's a long time since I've grown the pink ones - too pale for me - but I don't remember having a problem with it either. I've heard lots of people say the pink ones run riot, but it may be down to growing conditions etc.

I didn't look for froggy, left him in peace, but I did get some more clearing and sorting done, so I feel quite unreasonably smug.  :D
    The new species crocus I planted recently are all up and open. There was a little visitor in one  :)

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• HouseFinchHouseFinch British Columbia, Canada (Zone 5)Posts: 276
    Clearly the compost bins are kicking out enough heat. I just potted up another avocado tree today growing out of the side of one of the bins. Not that we need more houseplants.
    Inspiration struck this morning so I emptied out and replanted some Lily Regale bulbs into the ground so I can plant one of the five bare root roses I'm expecting soon into the largest Lily pot (temporarily). I've been racking my brains as to where I could lay my hands on big enough pots! 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,568
    I’ve just walked around the garden, counting dahlias, fuchsias, salvias etc as one plant, I have 60 different plants in flower. My garden always looks at its best in the autumn and spring. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,201
    My ladies hockey team have played 4 won 4 with goals scored 38 and against 2

Just 14 games to go. For me its a emotional roller coaster every Saturday  :'(
    Never change Tigers in Mid Stream
    That's impressive @Lyn and good going @NewBoy2
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,302
    Hurrah! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50174372

😃            😃            😃 

Barclays sent me a customer feedback email a while back ... I gave them a right dressing down for closing rural banks and then not allowing customers to withdraw cash from Post Offices 😡 I don’t suppose I was the only one 🙄 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,961
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: 
    "there's more than one Queen in this country who never carries cash" 
    I pay everything on my credit card and pay it off when my salary goes in. I can go months and not use cash.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,302
    There are plenty of small businesses around who don’t take cards for small payments ... they can’t afford the charges levied by the banks and card machine companies. 

Here’s another bit of madness that hopefully is going to be stopped https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50169527

Having been stuck for nearly 90 minutes on a bit of motorway that didn’t have a proper hard shoulder and we couldn’t get out of the car ... I can confirm it’s a terrifying place 😱
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh