Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful 2019 - the antidote to Curmudgeons' Corner

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,069
    We went to our Gardening Club's Potato Day this morning. OH bought potatoes and I bought coffee & walnut cake!
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,970
    I got 2 free plants from Wyevale today and a free pound coin out of an abandoned trolley in Asda carpark. I also managed to get a load of stuff cleared up and taken to the tip before the rain kicked in. The only downside is the tip stuff contained a drowsy queen wasp who is now lurking somewhere in my car :#
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 27,621
    Officialdom: a positive story.
    Hubby had a letter from DVLA last Monday to renew his photo driving licence . The website said they could use his passport photo if he supplied the number etc. He did this on Tuesday and the new licence came in the post on Friday. Not at all bad.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 68,176
    Yes ... that’s a real positive isn’t it  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Yes ... that’s a real positive isn’t it  :)
    and the website was so easy he did ( most of ) it himself.
    Devon.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,645
    Garden and roof survived the winds last night. Neighbour's small plastic greenhouse is halfway across his garden and fence panel has blown over. We are off to help in a bit. Both of us used the same roofer to replace/ resecure roof and ridge tiles. Recommended him to another neighbour but she thought he was too expensive and used someone else (described by OH as looking like a right cowboy). Gues who has lost a whole section of tiles? You pays your money and takes your choice. 
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,027
    Egg plant.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
    Egg plant.

Unless you do every single one, that's got to be fairly pointless ( no pun intended )
    Devon.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,027
    They did all the ones next to the path. Presumably to stop people stabbing themselves. When it tipped it down with rain, the bus came close to the shelter so we wouldn't get wet. It then knocked all the eggshells off as it reversed. Oh well, nice try.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,645
    Maybe they should have barriered it off, with warning notices and disclaimers......