Reasons to be cheerful 2019 - the antidote to Curmudgeons' Corner
1. My 4 x Chaenomeles x superba "Crimson and Gold" and my 4 x Azalea luteum arrived yesterday, bigger than I had envisaged, well packaged and looking almost indecently healthy. They are destined to become hedges at the pavement edge of my front garden.
2. Mother is much better today after spending yesterday in bed with the galloping gut-rot.
3. My family are winning awards left right and centre. 10 year old Beth was Pupil of the Week, not for the first time. Harrison (13) was in the team that won gold in an ice hockey tournament. Mike (over 21) was officer of the year in his police force.
4. My husband has finished work early and is snoozing beside me in the armchair.
5. We're having chips tonight.